cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble getting a contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,would my partner be able to stand as guarantor for me,to enable me to get a contract.she is a long standing customer with o2.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions
As others have said O2 don't have a guarantor option as such but there is no reason why your partner couldn't just take an additional contract in their name for you to use

I did exactly the same thing in January this year when my partner wanted an iPhone 5 on O2. O2 wanted a £375 deposit from her when she applied. I applied and it was approved with no deposit

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3670 Solutions

You could ask your partner to call Customer Services and enquire, but my guess is that if the contract is going to be in your name, you would need to pass a credit check.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have a bad credit rating you won't be able to get a contract at all unless cs grant an exception but then they would pass it on to the referrals team
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
You could ask your partner to open up a 2nd contract if all else fails.
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think O2 would accept her as a guarantor I'm sure you have to be able to pass the credit check yourself or get her to take out another contract
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
My thoughts entirely
Message 6 of 10

rawrz
Level 13: Prompter
  • 70 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 25 Solutions
yeah you will not be able to have a garuntor. whoever passes the credit check will be the acc holder and have the contract in their name
Message 7 of 10

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions
As others have said O2 don't have a guarantor option as such but there is no reason why your partner couldn't just take an additional contract in their name for you to use

I did exactly the same thing in January this year when my partner wanted an iPhone 5 on O2. O2 wanted a £375 deposit from her when she applied. I applied and it was approved with no deposit
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

many thanks for the advice.

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your very welcome.

wink
Message 10 of 10