Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transferring existing number to o2 sim

saz0502
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi, i have just received my pay monthly sim in the post and it is all working fine etc- I wanted to keep my existing number so provided my pac code to 02 when signing up for my sim. Does anyone know how long it will take for my number to fully transfer to the new sim?? I ordered it On Friday 22nd May and just received it today.I tried to look for help on the my 02 section but it keeps coming up with an error 500 number and i cant access the majority of the my o2 app/section (it has been like this for several hours). When I called customer services, the machine said only to call if it was something really urgent. Please help!!!!!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23101 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@saz0502 Your port would not have happened over the weekend or the Bank Holiday. Ports are also taking longer than normal. The process will begin when your old sim loses service. Reboot your phone with your O2 sim every now and then to check if the port completes.

If you need to speak to customer service, all available numbers are in the link below. Select any option, even fraud or lost/stolen. Best number to try is 0800 587 4005

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
  • 23101 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@saz0502 Your port would not have happened over the weekend or the Bank Holiday. Ports are also taking longer than normal. The process will begin when your old sim loses service. Reboot your phone with your O2 sim every now and then to check if the port completes.

If you need to speak to customer service, all available numbers are in the link below. Select any option, even fraud or lost/stolen. Best number to try is 0800 587 4005

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

saz0502
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks very much. Do you reckon it will take a few days to fully transfer then??

Message 3 of 4

Bambino
  • 23101 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions
@saz0502 We are all customers here, so there's no way to predict how well O2's systems are working. Only customer service would be able to give you any progress report, and they haven't made it easy for anyone to make any enquiries that they don't consider urgent.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4