cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thats it 02 im out so annoyed and feel fobbed off

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok so this may to some seem trivial but hey thats up to you in my opinion 02 need's to get their **bleep** together 

ok time for a back story

approx 3 months ago i get a call from 02 saying my contract is up for renewal in the 3 months (10 nov) and would i like to upgrade now  and they would write off the £60 device plan outstanding if i have a new deal 

told the guy that sounds great but i was waiting to get a nexus 6p (i have had every nexus since they started them) he said fair enough keep checking the website 

fastfwd to present day google annouce the nexus 5x and 6p 02 list them as coming soon 

every week (usually friday) i was speaking to customer services via webchat and phone and was told everytime i cant preorder this device and to keep checking the 02 shop

cpw have preorders and sells out straight away of the 6p in black not to worry i think to my self i'll be getting one from 02 

my wife nipped in to store yesterday and was told they heard that they will be released to and to contact customer services upgrade team today 

i phoned up to be told we have no idea when its coming out and no i cant preorder it 

my wife had a webchat with someone and was told yes you can order one now and ring 202 which i did only to be told........

"I AM sorry we have exceeded all our preorder slots for the first batch and potentially next year now before we get any more"

i questioned the preorder comment and was told 02 have been taking preorders for in excess of 10 days via the phone 

no one now has any stock in the black until the next batch arrives 

im so *bleep* off with them i want to cancel my contract and wondered can i do it now as the 30days will take me past my contract end date or will i have to pay the £20 outstanding on my device plan 

ive been with 02 since the cellnet days circa 1995

no more 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Sorry I would call back, lots of people have been trying to get the 6p and each one has hit a wall.
Bit odd

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Just wondering if the call was actually from O2 or one of their 'trusted partners'?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Sorry I would call back, lots of people have been trying to get the 6p and each one has hit a wall.
Bit odd
Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Cancel now. Your notice period will take you to your contract renewal date so the final payment will be taken either way.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just need to know if they have taken preorders or if I was steered towards another device did seem strange she was then offering me either an s6 or z5
Message 5 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

They may very well have run out of pre-orders but they're also going to try to get shot of stock they have too much of.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like another trusted partner issue again 

Message 7 of 7