Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

terrible customer service

AMullan1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Anyone else been having terrible customer service issues with O2 lately? I started a new contract at the end of February and did a transfer of ownership of my old number, expected to take 24-48 hours to complete. It has still not been completed despite calling up TWICE (leaving a month in between each so as not to be rude during this epidemic) and TWICE being told that it would be completed within 24 hours, all the while STILL charging me my monthly bill for the OLD contract alongside the new! 3 months in and even trying to speak to anyone at O2 is an impossible task. The phone lines are only taking fraud and stolen phone calls (how someone would steal your phone when you are stuck indoors on lockdown is a mystery) and literally hang up on you if it's not that and the webchat on My O2 has been unavailable this entire lockdown. This has left me paying 2 bills for 2 months while I am on reduced wages in the first place due to furlough. This seems to be the only place that I can actually express how irritaing this has been since O2 have made it impossible to communicate in any other way. Hopefully I am an outlier and everyone else has been getting along fine, but if you have been suffering as I have please direct traffic to this post so O2 will get off their ****'s and actually serve their customers.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123840 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7496 Solutions

@AMullan1 

What a mess. Sadly this is not O2, it's a community forum made up of customers like yourself.

There are various numbers to call O2 in this guide

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

This is urgent so you need to call any number and press any option including fraud.

The number which gets the best response is

0800 587 4005.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123840 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7496 Solutions

@AMullan1 

What a mess. Sadly this is not O2, it's a community forum made up of customers like yourself.

There are various numbers to call O2 in this guide

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

This is urgent so you need to call any number and press any option including fraud.

The number which gets the best response is

0800 587 4005.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I like others may be confused why is it a transfer of ownership and why a new contract ? Normally it would be a straight upgrade keeping old sim etc .

We are all customers here with varying knowledge that can try to help you (are you consumer or business)

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 4

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37054 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1685 Solutions

These are the categories of query that O2 deem "Essential", regardless of what the recorded message says when you call - ignore the yellow box, that was for another customer's query. 

Good luck, @AMullan1

Screenshot_20200516-093858.jpg

Message 4 of 4