cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tarrif change

Anonymous
Not applicable
bought an 02 phone yesterday on pay as you go specifically for calling other 02 phones for free thats all i wanted it for. asked the man in the shop can i change tarrif immediately and was assured i would,so set up phone changed tarrif and received a txt saying my new tariff will be available in a month!! not happy now have a useless phone for a month.can i get it changed immediately?? :O(
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
The quickest tariff change is 24hours, but you must be aware it mucks up your next bill a bit as follows:

Lets just say you change your tariff 10 days before your next bill date.

- refund of time paid for on old tariff (10 days)
- charge for same time on new tariff (10 days)
- next month line rental in advance as usual

So if you're switching to a lower price tariff, then thats fine, but if you're switching to a higher priced tariff then you'll have a bit extra to pay until your next bill date, then things will go back to normal.

You need to call CS if you want this to happen.
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Pablo,

I think the OP is talking about Pay and Go.
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah, Ignore me then slight_smile
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 87355 Posts
  • 596 Topics
  • 5302 Solutions

Tariffs usually change on the anniversar date (normally the date you first topped up). Speak to customer service and tell them that you misunderstood and ask if they will change it manually for you.

Usually a nice polite request gets the job done. Try the online chat link just below this text if you would rather not call them(25p per call on P&G).

2020-Awards-jonsie5695219-2

O2 Social Media

SM IconsTwitter

Instagram

Facebook

Message 5 of 5