cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

taken my mobile abroad and it will not work!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just changed from PAYG to a monthly contract with an iphone SE. I don't use the phone very much but I brought it with me to France as I am skiing and it would be a useful additional safety device. I wanted to phone my wife today but I get a recorded message saying "Your subscription will not allow us to connect your call ... please contact your provider" How do I do that if it will not allow outgoing calls ?.  Have tried the website for live chat a few times with no luck.  Have tried the numbers on the website but still get same message.

My contract gives unlimited calls and texts and some data. I guess I would expect to pay extra to make calls from abroad and indeed had a text message on the phone saying calls would be 3.6p minute and 1.2 for texts.

What am I doing wrong?!

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144485 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
International calling is not enabled on your account.
You need to persevere with live chat or borrow a phone to call customer service
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144485 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
International calling is not enabled on your account.
You need to persevere with live chat or borrow a phone to call customer service
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you for the speedy response. Is there a "good" time of the day to get "live chat"?
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 123004 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

Between 8-8-30 am @Anonymous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144485 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
Live chat are off shore based in India so it will be pot luck - you can try at anytime but chances are early morning UK time will be quietest or late at night as they are open until 11.00pm UK time.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5