cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim/tariff drama

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, 

I am looking for some advice.  About 1 month ago my sim card stopped working and asked for a new one from o2, which they sent me - pretty simple right????.....eh, apparently not!!

I have been with o2 for over 8 years and for around 7 of those years I have had the same tariff (text anytime and favourite place).  Topped up £20 per month and I got minutes from my home postcode (500 I think) and free texts starting at 300 and going up based on top=up amount.  When I requested new sim I specifically made clear that I wanted the same tariff...and so my problems began!!

11 contacts later, some web chat, come phone and 3 shop visits and I am seriously angry!! The long and short of it is that even though the shop assistant in o2 can see that this is what I had, and the customer advisor last night agreed that this is what I had and I shouldn't have been told I couldn't get it re-applied, I have now been told that I cannot have these two!!  I have text messages from o2 from before my sim broke showing both allowances being renewed when I top up, I have chat transcript showing an advisor agreeing that is what I had, and the assistant in the shop agrees that is what I had.  I was told tonight that it was a mistake (7 years!) and all customer where contacted and told this was being removed - this is not true as I was not contacted!!

I am sorry for the rant; this is been going on for a month and I am so disgusted and the treatment I have had when I have up until now thought o2 were great!  

Is this right - should I not be able to have the same tariff as I have always had?? Please note that when I spoke to customer advisor last night he agreed and apologised saying he would get his manager to correct it, but instead of text anytime they applied talk anytime.  I went into shop tonight again and had to go through the whole palava again only to be told, no, I can't get my tariff back!!

I have a Virgin sim in my bag and at this point I am itching to just leave o2!

Any advice would be welcome.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Best thing is to call O2 Customer Services and raise an official complaint. The resolutions will do their best to put things right as best they can.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Best thing is to call O2 Customer Services and raise an official complaint. The resolutions will do their best to put things right as best they can.
Message 2 of 2