Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim swop.

twotonerrr
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi.  Will my sim card in my galaxy s10 plus go in my new galaxy s22 or will i need a new sim.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@twotonerrr Your current sim card will work, but you will only get 4G. If you are in a 5G area and want to avail yourself of the 5G service you'll need to do a sim swap: SIM Swap: a mini guide (incl eSim) - O2 Community

If you're not comfortable doing the swap yourself you can call into an O2 store, if you have one nearby, and they'll do the swap for you. Be sure to bring identification with you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@twotonerrr Your current sim card will work, but you will only get 4G. If you are in a 5G area and want to avail yourself of the 5G service you'll need to do a sim swap: SIM Swap: a mini guide (incl eSim) - O2 Community

If you're not comfortable doing the swap yourself you can call into an O2 store, if you have one nearby, and they'll do the swap for you. Be sure to bring identification with you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

twotonerrr
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Bambino. Thank you for the information as it asked if i needed a sim when i ordered my new phone. We have no 5g anywhere near me but will get a 5g sim just in case.

Message 3 of 4

Bambino
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@twotonerrr You're welcome. The 5G sim is backwards compatible, so you'll get 4G where you are. If you do the swap you can always use the 5G service when you go out of your local area, so you may as well do it. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4