Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

sign in pop up on notification bar, but mobile data not working

Nikkinakki
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have no mobile data, keep getting a pop up saying sign in but when I do it still doesn't work, I have checked i have data left etc, reset the network but still cannot use 4g even though the 4g icon is on the status bar ๐Ÿ˜ž pls help ๐Ÿคž
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

bigdavie88
Level 9: Fired up
  • 144 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 14 Solutions
Do you have an android phone?....Check data usage setting on your phone to see if you have set a data limit then either increase it to match your allowance or turn the limit off.
Message 2 of 12

Nikkinakki
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes i have samsung s10 plus, just checked that I didn't have data limit set, thanks tho I didn't think of checking that. Just wish I could get it sorted ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ
Message 3 of 12

bigdavie88
  • 144 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 14 Solutions
In the data usage setting does the billing date match your 02 bill date?...if this incorrect you may be reading your usage incorrectly?
Message 4 of 12

Nikkinakki
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes, they are all set to the right dates etc, it seems to be since my phone did an update ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ
Message 5 of 12

bigdavie88
  • 144 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 14 Solutions
Im stumped....if you have data allowance remaining then it should work unless there is a network issue.

Can you tell me how your trying to access the internet? Is it a social media app? Chrome? Etc.....and what happens when you try it....Do you get an error?
Message 6 of 12

Nikkinakki
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've tried Google, chrome, banking app, social media. Just circles nothing loads I just get the pop up on notification bar saying sign in to network but when i do.. nothing happens. Its a mystery ๐Ÿค”
Message 7 of 12

bigdavie88
  • 144 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 14 Solutions

You dont need to sign in to a network to use mobile data so I think you may be near an o2 or some form of free wifi hotspot. Can you turn off your wifi in settings and try again?

Message 8 of 12

Nikkinakki
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ive tried, i have no WiFi at work, thats when I noticed I couldn't get on the Internet or any of my apps. I've done a network reset twice and still nothing, no maintainence is been carried out in my area, I checked that. My partners phone works fine, he is same network as me
Message 9 of 12

bigdavie88
  • 144 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 14 Solutions

Totally stumped then. I would recommend you give o2 a call. Best number to get them is 0800 587 4005.

Sorry I couldnt help resolve it.

Message 10 of 12