cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why is it that O2 cant maintain customer relations with good customers>???
O2 have again tried to charge me for 2 FREE upgrades in the month of December and are tryn to take more in Jan . #### is their problem?
cant return handset due to being over the 14day limit dont they understand that people are busy around christmas time. no leniency after being a loyal custome. Having to pay for a phone that is not suitable and barring my phone for mistakes on their side.
All i can say is that O2 seriously has major issues......they wont hesitate to take money out your account but when they in the wrong all they can say is Sorry. Very poor after customer sales.
Would like to inform people when you get a Free upgrade make sure they credit your account or you will end up paying for the so CALLED FREE upgrade
This has now happened 3 times. once i can accept but 3 times is pushing their luck.
At the end of the day when u complain by dialling 202 u get passed from department to department and no one can override the system not even MANAGERS so they claim
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Do you know the full complaints procedure
Have you raised the issue with the complaints review service
Go to the o2 website click support then in the search box complain
If you use the crs the issue will be resolved in a professional and timely manner.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you use the crs the issue will be resolved in a professional and timely manner.

It depends I suppose on your definition of a timely manner. I sent a complaint to the complaints review service on Tuesday, I still haven't heard anything back yet. Not what I would call professional.
Message 3 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

It depends I suppose on your definition of a timely manner. I sent a complaint to the complaints review service on Tuesday, I still haven't heard anything back yet. Not what I would call professional.

7-14 days depending on complaint complexity as they have to contact all departments and do a full investigation.
Eg I complained to crs 23rd december 2010 resolved on 5th jan 2011 I call that good service over bank holiday interupted period
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
complained to CS and C relations but to date still being told the same rubbish!
Timely manner i doubt still waiting for the phone called as promised. i dont believe for a minute that they cant accept a upgrade return if over 14 days the normal time to return items is 28 days its quite inappropriate.
However i do have faith since i have emailed mycare as advised from the previous phone call but still waiting for a reply. an acknowledgement stating they have received my complaint would be useful but stil dont know if someone is dealing with it or not lol
Message 5 of 7

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3177 Posts
  • 30 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
The 14 days is an o2 thing not a mandatory requirement. If you got the phone upgrade via online e.g. web or phone then you have under the Distance Selling Act, 7 working days to reject it and you must by then have told the company you are returning it. You then have to return the goods in a suitable timeframe and I would suggest, well within 30 days. More info at the consumer direct website
However, if there is a manufacturing fault then the warranty applies after acceptance. On o2, is 3 times before another model of similar spec is offered.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have sent 2 emails to customercare this week with no response from either , is this is what is called service,( i dont think so)
Yours truly R cox
Message 7 of 7