cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone usage abroad

Anonymous
Not applicable
i'm travelling to egypt soon and would like to know if my lg cookie phone will work over there and also how much will it cost to text or ring home while there. :robotindifferent:
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Take a look here will tell you all you need to know about phone usage and cost abroad http://www.o2international.co.uk/
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
It will be rather expensive using O2 there

I don't how much this forum tolerates discussing other products, but it would be worth looking into getting a local SIM card, perhaps used with a separate callback service, and there are also global roaming SIMs with free incoming calls in some countries.
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't how much this forum tolerates discussing other products, but it would be worth looking into getting a local SIM card, perhaps used with a separate callback service, and there are also global roaming SIMs with free incoming calls in some countries.

Oh yes, it will be really expensive for someone who is going to travel other than the EU countries. I'd stick to using a local sim whenever I'm abroad as it will be free for incoming calls (except for a few countries like Singapore and China but you can opt in for free incoming calls if you pay a small fee) and free when you receive text messages.

As to those of you who wants to receive text messages on your O2 numbers abroad, just get another phone or the best thing - get a dual sim standby phones like the Samsung D780 or the D880!
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yes, it will be really expensive for someone who is going to travel other than the EU countries. I'd stick to using a local sim whenever I'm abroad as it will be free for incoming calls (except for a few countries like Singapore and China but you can opt in for free incoming calls if you pay a small fee) and free when you receive text messages.

As to those of you who wants to receive text messages on your O2 numbers abroad, just get another phone or the best thing - get a dual sim standby phones like the Samsung D780 or the D880!
Message 4 of 5