Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paid bill 3 times o2 thieves

heatherp6
Level 1: Joiner
  • 40 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I paid our bill on the 15th through their website, no text to say received,so thought there was glitch so paid it again on the 18th , still not received !!!! they restricted the phone on the 21st may so had to pay it online again, guess what STILL NOT RECEIVED,

Spoke to bank, all three payments are still pending, on 6th June almost a month after paying the first payment,the bank CANT recall it as its still pending to o2.just waiting on them collecting it, so they had the payments 3 times and are STILL demanding payment and saying there will be a reconnection fee !

spoke to o2 who sent all the info to payments to trace , with all the payment dates authorisation codes etc,who were meant to get back to me ,info went off on the 24th May, guess what no response, its disgusting,

So o2 can restrict your phone when they are at fault and expect you to pay for them to put the service back on, and obviously as they keep losing payments, I wont be paying it again,

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Not much we can do here as customers like yourself @heatherp6 so I'll tag @EmilieT  to see if she can do anything?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Or @Marjo  and @Martin-O2  as Emilie is away...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

heatherp6
Level 1: Joiner
  • 40 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
spoke to bank just now,who told me it can stay pending for upto 6 months for 02 can take the payment !!!!
Message 4 of 10

jonsie
  • 92909 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's an awful situation to be in and hopefully admin can get to the bottom of it. As has been suggested previously, you really need to reinstate the direct debit you cancelled. I have an awful feeling O2 will also mark a default on your credit file. I suggest you check your file and contact them if I'm correct

Unfortunately the team are only contactable by email

CreditFileReferrals@o2.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

Message 5 of 10

heatherp6
  • 40 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I,ve never had a dirct debit, always paid by card on their website

Message 6 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@heatherp6 

If you had a direct debit, you wouldn't find yourself in this awful situation. slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 10

jonsie
  • 92909 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Well they normally insist on setting up a direct debit when an account is opened. Not sure why made an exception? But that doesn't solve the immediate problem though something you might want to think about.

From the T&Cs

You must pay the Charges for the Services you subscribe to and use every month by the date on your bill. We may charge fees if you're late in paying. You have to pay by direct debit. We may ask you to pay a deposit before we'll let you use the Services.

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
You should always have a direct debit in place then things like this wouldn’t happen. If you don’t pay then they will rightly cut off your service
Message 9 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention on this one guys. @heatherp6 I can arrange for our Guru team to take a look at this one for you. I'll need some details so will drop you a private message. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 10