cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old virgin media sim has been transferred to 02 without consent now unwanted contract

luvmytech
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

elderly relative was under virgin media with ultimate oomph bundle then came out of contract. 

new contract was negotiated including a new 02 sim at £25 per month. 

as well charging for the new 02 sim   it turns out the old virgin media sim has been transferred to an 02 account and charged a monthly tarrif of what appears to be £24.98.  This was never explained as part of the negotiations by the virgin media chat agent. 

attempts to contact 02 are inevitably futile ( circular call loop insisting on payment) 

advice and thoughts please?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@luvmytech 

As it was Virgin who signed you up, you will have to persevere with them to cancel it I'm afraid.

It's one of their standard shady tactics.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

luvmytech
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i did contact them and the virginoperative said it was " an 02 contract so i will have to speak to 02" 

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

Rubbish

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

They always pass the buck.

Deal with it in two parts.

First, the Oomph SIM. That will be out of minimum contract. If they want to keep the number then migrate it onto the new SIM. That will close the old account

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

Once that has happened you can deal with the second 

O2 can only deal with one thing at a time, two things is past their intelligence 

@luvmytech wrote:

i did contact them and the virginoperative said it was " an 02 contract so i will have to speak to 02" 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 5