cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 refresh question (sorry for asking....)

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI all,

I have just basically destroyed my lumia 1020 by dropping it and after looking at replacement glass etc it doesnt really seem that cost effective to fix it and am considering a new phone (undecided as of yet which one). kinda stuck with 02 as it's the only network that works in my area.

I have approx £50 left on my device plan so I guess that equates to 5 months left of my contract.  

My question (i apologise if this has been asked loads, it's my first post!) is if I pay off the £50 device plan can I cancel my airtime for free? or will i have to pay off the 5 months?

Is there a number of days notice etc like 30 or something.

Again many thanks in advance

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144480 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
All you have to do is pay off the device plan. The airtime is waived free of charge and you can upgrade immediately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 144480 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
All you have to do is pay off the device plan. The airtime is waived free of charge and you can upgrade immediately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
excellent, thanks for getting back to me so quick
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I want to leave o2 and say go with tesco (same carrier) wouldI be able to cancel my airtime without consequence?

Message 4 of 11

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Yes, once the phone is paid, the airtime is waved regardless if you upgrade or move to a new provider.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If I want to leave o2 and say go with tesco (same carrier) wouldI be able to cancel my airtime without consequence?

Yes as long as you have paid off the device plan, then you just cancel the airtime plan but leave your direct debit In place so as to ensure that all monies are paid 

Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 144480 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
If you are not upgrading with o2 you still need to give 30 days notice on airtime.
The only time you don't have to give notice is for an o2 upgrade.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent, thank you all for replying. great help

Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144480 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
Anytime mate slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

Be aware that Tesco Mobile uses the O2 network, but it is a different company completely. Your contract will not be with O2.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 11