cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 got address wrong with new account, how to contact to change?

JoUser
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Bought phone from mobilephonesdirect.co.uk (fine to deal with) and then found out that the o2 package had the wrong flat number on the account (e.g. my flat number is 20 Blah Court, 33 Acacia Lane - but o2 have it as '33 Blah Court, Acacia Lane'.

As this is a glaring security issue (the person at #33 could use my statements etc. for future ID)  I went to myO2 site to correct it but it seems that you can't change address online for first 30 days?

Managed to somehow find Chat two days ago and an Indian (?) guy in Support said he had corrected address. He may well have done but when I try to bring up my address online it shows nothing.

What is the best part of o2 to speak to to check on whether they now have the correct address and how do I access that part of o2?  I used to be with O2 Business who were just a phone call away - O2 Personal seem to make it very hard for anyone to contact them. Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @Bambino.

@JoUser I'll message you privately and look in to this for you.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144452 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@JoUser 

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

JoUser
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the info but like many people I am not a social media user and I am unsure as to why O2 apparently can't provide user support via phone - they are not giving away their accounts for free and Q1 2021 was their highest ever quarterly profit (£478,000,000) so one would expect them to be able to employ a few staff from the kitty.

Admittedly I have not had time to make a detailed assessment of their website but given the runaround I had trying to simply find any first line support and the circular nature of many of the links, I suspect some deliberate "Let's keep forcing customer back to the FAQ pages or push them over to peer support rather than give them direct help" vibe.

I don't mind a little bit of that - after all there are some dopey people around who just can't be bothered to read the FAQs - but so far I have the impression that O2 use this excessively.

My O2 Business monthly bill was actually less than this new O2 Personal contract - so a bit rich that you can easily get to speak to customer support with the former whilst it seems impossible with the latter.

I'll pop into an O2 branch in the hope that they can give a definite confirmation.

Message 3 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23102 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

I will tag an O2 account advisor who should hopefully be able to help you with this.

@O2Lisa can you please assist @JoUser?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 7

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @Bambino.

@JoUser I'll message you privately and look in to this for you.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

JoUser
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks v. much Bambino, good to know that people like you can interact with o2 support staff. Have now contacted.

Message 6 of 7

JoUser
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks to Lisa for sorting.

Message 7 of 7