cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 data allowance increase?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am looking to buy the iphone 6s through a third party website, however, the deal includes only 3gb data allowance. If I opted for this bundle I'd like to permanatly increase the data allowance by 1GB each month.

I've heard that o2 sometimes permanatly give free additional data to some customers. Is this something they're doing at the moment and how likely is it they'd do this for me?

Thanks

slight_smile

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your best bet is to actually get a deal with 5GB rather than the 3GB if you know you want more 

Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145733 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28016 Solutions
You can usually upgrade your data allowance through your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 but it won't be free.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

To get the 5GB bundle straight up the monthly cost jumps quite substantially. Therefore, I just wondered if what I've heard is true at all.

Thanks for your advice though guys!

Message 4 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Buying the phone elsewhere won't do you any favours with o2. You really need to negotiate a deal when buying. Try calling o2 and select the option for leaving. Speaking with retentions may get you the deal you want.

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck & do let us know what you decide 

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello @Anonymous-94 what did you finally decide?
Message 7 of 7