Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Switch Up - mistake by store

empressmittens
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I recently posted on here about the agonies of getting a refund from o2 for a returned product...that was finally sorted and I thought all would be clear sailing from now on.

I was so mistaken.  I have a iPad Mini and a iPhone 14 with o2, so two separate lines, two seperate device plans.  With the iPhone, I've got o2 Switch Up...I changed handsets a couple of times in the first few months.  Bills all up to date, about this time last week suddenly the phone line was suspended...thought there was something wrong with the handset.  On Saturday I get an email threatening me with 'termination fees' of 0.00 if I don't pay the outstanding balance..but according to My o2 there is no understanding balance.  Ring o2 customer services, told to ring payment team, ring payment team, after speaking to three different advisors finally get told that the o2 store where I did a Switch Up in March didn't mark the incoming handset as returned so I am still getting billed for it!  Payment team advisors says she will remove the suspension from my line, then put me through to the Returns team so they can 'tick the necessary box' to show that the handset was returned to the store...I get through to a very rude advisor in Returns who tells me that he can't do that as there is no proof that I've returned the phone when upgrading...even though the only way you can do a Switch Up is within an o2 store!

Get cut off (of course) when he's supposed to be transferring me to a supervisor.  Call back another 2/3 times, keep getting transferred to the pay and go customer service for some reason.  Finally talk to someone in Returns again who tell me that I will personally  have to go into the o2 store where I did the Switch Up as they are the only ones who can mark the phone as returned!   Even though I have the receipt and email (which I would assume o2 customer services have access to) proving the handset was returned!  I'm physically disabled, don't go out a lot as I can't drive, can't use public transport and have to get taxis everywhere, which isn't cheap.  Why should I have to waste good money correcting o2 stores mistake for them! 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10197 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@empressmittens 

You can use Skype and call 0800 902 0217 from your computer, Guide: A Guide to Skype 

As this will be an automated system that is kicking in, and the only people who can do anything are the Payment Management team, and not the normal CS Team

@O2Emma would you also be able to assist as well?? 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144439 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@O2KyleW Can you help ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

empressmittens
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is unbelievable...just went to make a phone call, line has been suspending AGAIN!  The earliest I may possibly be able to make it out to the o2 store is a week tomorrow, am I supposed to be unable to make calls until then???

Message 3 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10197 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@empressmittens 

You can use Skype and call 0800 902 0217 from your computer, Guide: A Guide to Skype 

As this will be an automated system that is kicking in, and the only people who can do anything are the Payment Management team, and not the normal CS Team

@O2Emma would you also be able to assist as well?? 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 6

empressmittens
  • 11 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply.

I've spoken to the Payments Management team a number of times, it was one of their advisors that removed the bar...only on Saturday just gone!  According to them, it is the Returns team that need to mark the handset as returned...but according to the Returns team advisors they aren't able to do it and I have to go to the o2 store where I did the Switch Up to have this done.  

Message 5 of 6

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @madasaf1sh I will look into this thanks.

Hi @empressmittens I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 6 of 6