cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving certain texts (such as verification codes,2 factor etc) since porting over from EE

Liam-G
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just putting this out there to see if anyone else has experienced similar issues? how long did it take to get fixed any additional suggestions

currently using an iphone 13 pro (unlocked) 02, unlimited calls,texts + 50gb data.

72++ hours since my number was ported over from EE, i can make and receive calls,send and receive text messages(apart from verification codes) mobile data works fine 4G/5G, signal is also full.

after getting sent from 02 to apple back to 02 back to apple back to 02!!!, 02 have finally sent out a new sim, so will update if this rectifies the issue. apple asked me to text HELP to 48369 which came back not delivered, i was having issues with activating imessage hence why i kept getting put through to apple support however i noticed it was any verification codes, Halifax, parking apps, microsoft 2 factor. 

-network settings have been reset

-phone works with my EE,3 & vodafone sim (All connect to imessage fine) my 02, i get a activation failed on imessage/facetime with my 02 sim

-cant receive verification code to activate mobile number from within apple id menu

-sim card has been cleaned

-number is correct in settings

-have a £5 allowance cap on account

-switched been automatic network selection and 02 manually

-tried 02 in another iphone (7), also doesnt work (to rule out the device) 

-dial assist enabled/disabled no effect

-signed out of apple id.

-date/time correct

-no vpn connected/active

-tried multiple ISP via wifi

-wait another couple hours and try 😕

above are just a few things i have tried to rectify the issue, although 02 are getting me to do the same things over and over again for the last few days, but like i said at the start they have finally sent me a new sim so hopefully this fixes the issue.

hope none of you experience this going forward or if you have, i would be interested to see your replies.

im a bit screwed at the moment as 2 factor is on my email which i need a text for (yes its my own fault for not having multi factor + additional but hey ho, i expect the sim to work pretty much straight away)

-Liam

Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liam-G
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Had a few pm’s from other users saying they have experienced same problems and asking if I got it sorted. I didn’t I just moved to another network and all working fine with them 

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Liam-G
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

i must also add the 02 support i have received as of far, with respect, has been very poor, until my latest advisor (hannah) has actually escalated it for, after asking the previous advisors to do this for me + for a ticket number) Hannah is also the one who has sent me out a new sim,  ....so far not a pleasant experience on 02 😞 

Message 2 of 21

Liam-G
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

UPDATE - NEW SIM still not allowing me to connect to imessage, i saw the exact same problem on a virgin media forum with multiple complaints, https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Imessage-not-verifying/td-p/4640325

which i gather use the same network as O2?  can a moderator please advise asap please.

Message 3 of 21

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

@Liam-G 

This is not Customer Services. 

The post  you linked to is when VM where piggy backing off EE, so was an EE / VM issues. 

You need to persist with Customer Services, and ask them to escalate to EE and the o2 porting team, as EE wont be forwarding messages to o2, as the SMS provider will still be using the Dial Plan to send the messages into EE's SMSC, which in turn should have been updated to pass to o2 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 21

Liam-G
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

i am persisting with customer services, however im updating this so positional users in the future who experience the same problem as me know.

Message 5 of 21

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35802 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Hi @Liam-G - you are not having much luck, it seems. I'll tag @O2Georgina, the Forum O2 Account Advisor on this morning, maybe she can get the help needed to push this through for you.

Keep an eye on your PMs after 8am.

Good luck!

Message 6 of 21

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@Liam-G  I will send you a private message now

signature
Message 7 of 21

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35802 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions
Message 8 of 21

Liam-G
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Had a few pm’s from other users saying they have experienced same problems and asking if I got it sorted. I didn’t I just moved to another network and all working fine with them 

Message 9 of 21

Siegenpa
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having the same problem.  Over two hours of live chat with O2 without a solution, but the issue has been escalated.  I receive normal text messages, but not identification codes nor, it seems, other messages generated by automated systems (e.g. confirmation of medical appointment) rather than being sent from someone else's mobile phone, as I receive the latter.   Very strange indeed, and intensely frustrating.

Paul

Message 10 of 21