Did you mean: 

newbi question

JR2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I gave O2 the PAC code for my old number and received my SIM from O2 this morning.  However when I dial my old number from my landline I get "The person you have called is not avaiable".     My old number is in my online settings as my contact number and I cannot understand why I can't use my old number or how to nchange the setting to get it to work.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

John

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12075 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Sounds like the number move is in progress.
Keep turning both phones off and on until it completes.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 5

JR2
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi gmarkj

Thanks for the reply but I only have the one phone.  I did a sim swap and expected it to work with my old number.

O2 have given me a new number.  I gave them the PAC code for my old one I want to keep.

Listed in my O2 settinhgs is my old number as a contact number so they do have it.

I assumed that the one they gave me would simply redirect to my old one.

Is that what should happen or do I need to change something?

Message 3 of 5

JR2
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update I have just seen a thread on porting and seems that this is an issue for O2 especially for people moving from EE,  guess where I am moving from.  Seems the only way to resolve this is via customer service who seem to be unavaiable would you have any other possible solutions? 

I have just replaced my old sim from EE which has received my answer messages from O2

Now I am totally confused as it seems that my new O2 number is redirecting to my old number only with the EE sim inserted.

Not impressed with O2 so far or should that be EE?  And it all seems so simple wink

Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122990 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

All numbers are in this guide. Use any number, press any option

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5