cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new phone and new contract - how do I cancel?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Been a happy 02 payg customer for about 5 years but bought a new phone a few days ago with 24 month 02 contract from Carphone Warehouse. Really not happy with my choice and wish I had looked for better options. Flashy new phone just as useless as my old sony walkman phone in my area and I'm still having to wait for my old number to be transfered over.
How do I get out of this contract quickly?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3130 Posts
  • 28 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
Don't know what the process is with CarphoneWarehouse but looking at this link: http://selfhelp.carphonewarehouse.com/S ... ew%28%29=c{c8feeec0-1641-11df-fb6b-f20203001e3d} you have 14 days to do so. Though there is the option of exchanging the phone.
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok thanks.
love the new phone just need a provider to get the most from it. I bought it for better mobile internet but there is no 3g in my area with 02 :robotsurprised:
Message 3 of 5

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3130 Posts
  • 28 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
Now thats an interesting angle to play on - if they did a 3G check on your home address they would have found that out and pointed it out to you. But if they didn't then you could use that as a valid argument to exit if they refuse to let you out. But as before, if you can swap providers with a 3G signal then all will end well.
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you got the phone in a CPW store it'll be the discretion of the manager whether or not you can cancel the contract. CPW don't offer the same cooling off period that o2 stores do.
It may count against you that you were on o2 already so will be aware of the coverage where you stay.
Also, CPW aren't under obligation to do a coverage check for you. It's up to the customer to do their research before buying.
Message 5 of 5