cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new custom

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Today i was absolutely amazed by o2, and to date i have been their biggerst fan, customer service second to none, however.

I phoned them today explaining that my wifes contract on 3 had run its course, and asked as i am a business customer with unlimited minuets tarrif that i only scratch the surface with, unlimited text that i may use 30 a month, and a teeny bitsy 3GB data that i never have enough of.

I went on to explain that should she stay with 3,(or for that matter someone just walk in of the street) for £15 she could get 2,000 mins any network, unlimited text, and truly (well almost 1,000GB)data,  but i said if you can attatch her to my account to share what i have we can give you our £15 and all we want is some extra data, the answer was a resounding "no we cannot do that", ok fair enough what can you do to attract my wife and her £15 a month, oh well sir, we can offer for £16.25,  600 minuets, unlimited text, 1GB data, and i am amazed, simply because i cannot understand how 2 companies in the same field can be so far apart in what they are offering the public for their money, and how easily/readily o2 were prepared to let a customer go to a competitor.

i would love some feedback on this especially as i am still a o2 customer and just cant see the business plan going forward.

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
At the moment O2 (and any of the others) don't offer bespoke tariff's. You were asking for something that doesn't exist. You won't be able to share your allowances on Three either. The only network that offers shared tariff's at the moment are EE and even then, the best you can get (for 2 phones) is to share 5Gb of data.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
It's a free country and we are able to choose from all the networks that give is the best coverage and best deals that suit our needs. If all were the same there would be no competition....
Remember also that Three only have half the customers that O2 have so attempt to entice customers with cheap deals....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi m15,

Yes your right we can choose who we give our money to, the problem i have, is i am with a company who far too easily let a customer slip through their fingers to go to a competitor, and they did not even attempt to entice, match,tempt, and if you read my post carefully you will see that even though i knew the 3 deal was far far better, i still  wanted my wife to come to o2 for extra data we were prepared to pay for.

no matter how you dress it up, you cannot let business like that slip through your fingers, and you cant defend that.

regards martin

Message 3 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23102 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

Seems to me that from the way you have described your situation, you should be moving your business contract to Three, rather than the other way around, if it's the data aspect you're really interested in. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bambino.

Yes your absolutely right, the problem is "contract", unlike a professional footballer we have to see ours through,lol.

But yes most likely next may we will, though lord only knows what will be available by then.

Regards

Martin

Message 5 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23102 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

When your contract eventually runs its course you should take a look at GiffGaff or Tesco Mobile, if you're happy with the O2 network, as they both also run on O2. Apart from cost, coverage should be your prime concern. You may get a better deal elsewhere, but if your coverage isn't any good it's a false economy.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bambino.

the prime instigator of all this, is the fact that i am a lorry driver and work away from home all week, Hence requiring the mass of data, but o2 now appear to have really reigned in the ammount of data you can buy, and for their large amounts its so expensive, thats why the three tarrif is a no brainer, though my aleigance was to o2 origionally as i offered them my wifes business for extra data and they turned it away. 

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
At the moment O2 (and any of the others) don't offer bespoke tariff's. You were asking for something that doesn't exist. You won't be able to share your allowances on Three either. The only network that offers shared tariff's at the moment are EE and even then, the best you can get (for 2 phones) is to share 5Gb of data.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks guys. not totally happy but feel better, its good knowing you guys are here, keep it up.martin

Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
We can't influence O2's decisions but we can at least try and point you in the right direction for something that meets your needs..... 😞

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11