cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new contract and no service

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just joined 02 through car phone warehouse and received my phone and sim today. I am not a previous customer therefore the swapsim doesn't apply to me. It said that pay monthly sums are already activated however when I try to select the 02 network through settings I keep getting no service. I've turned my phone and off and can't talk to 02 guru because I don't know my number as its not on the package anywhere and can't call anyone to try find it out.

How do I get service?
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122964 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
No this is a completely new contract I haven't been with 02...thing is they haven't given me any information what so ever with the sim so I have no idea what to do

See my last post about contacting O2 in the morning.....Or CPW...they may need to activate or check your account...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122964 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Take your sim out and reinsert it. Turn your phone off and back on again. You may have to do a manual search for the O2 network....

Check your service staus here http://status.o2.co.uk/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

You may actually need to do the swap my sim if you were given a new sim.

your number should be in the contacts or on the box 

your area may have a faulty mast

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey I tried taking it out and putting it back and restarting I'm still getting the same problem I have manually searched for the network it says unable to connect.

I can't do the swap my sim because I was with ee before this
Message 4 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122964 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous I see you were with EE previously. I presume that contract was fully paid off and this is a new one? Did you want to keep your number?

If you need to contact customer services first thing in the morning if it still isn't working http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
No this is a completely new contract I haven't been with 02...thing is they haven't given me any information what so ever with the sim so I have no idea what to do
Message 6 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122964 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

See my last post about contacting O2 in the morning.....Or CPW...they may need to activate or check your account...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks @Cleoriff I will contact them in the morning....I was so excited to use it I'm just annoyed that I have to go through all this to make it work
Message 8 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144416 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Call CPW.
They need to sort you out as they haven't activated your account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 10

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Surely the phone number must be on the paperwork issued. Perhaps it's a free gift and no contract was created... As others said, you'll need to speak with CPW
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 10 of 10