Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network coverage

redspider
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, Been with O2 for about 3 months now, finding the network very slow in lots of places, ie Halesowen, wolverhampton, parts of Brum, dudley, O2 keep saying everythings working ok, never had this prob with 3 network, Done speed test, anything between 1 & 6Mbps, Same with all our mobiles in the family who have O2? Any ideas? Thanks

Paul

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23219 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions
Message 2 of 8

Rooney
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 13 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah I’m Rowley Regis and it’s always up to 5mps in the daytime. Only gets above 10mps at night times

Message 3 of 8

redspider
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Morning Thanks for a reply, B ut done that,  I've even got a seperate 5g sim from three, put that in my phone, done speed test in my house 168Mbps compared to O2 sims 1 - 6Mbps

Message 4 of 8

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6801 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

Sad to say your results are not unusual, especially in areas where there is a concentration of people. O2, with it's MNVO'S (Sky, Tesco, Virgin and Giffgaff) has more than twice the subscribers that Three but lacks the bandwidth to accommodate them.

There is plethora of reasons for this which I will not go into here.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 8

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36508 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1622 Solutions

For now, @redspider, switching your phone down from 5G or 4G to 3G may help - but I expect that avenue to be short-lived as O2 switch off their 3G service in coming months to add 5G capability. O2 is the only UK Telco not to have advertised when they will be switching off their 3G service generally. Good luck.

Message 6 of 8

redspider
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not really going to do that for what I pay, might as well go back 10yrs, 

Message 7 of 8

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36508 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1622 Solutions

@redspider wrote:

Not really going to do that for what I pay, might as well go back 10yrs, 

It was only a suggestion for when you were in dire need of a bit of speed - I had to do that 3G switch daily between 1pm and 6pm for a few months some years back until masts were repaired in a high-density (of people and phones) area.

This one is one case where stepping down might help:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/Network-issue/m-p/1579060/highlight/true#M26069

And there was another case similar to yours where the phone locked onto a poor signal regardless of SIM that was in it - antenna issue in the phone was the source of the problem, one repair later and all was good.

In your case, as others in your household have similar issues, and you have been through the checklist(s) supplied by @Bambino up above, then maybe trying to vhange provider is your only way forward until O2 gets its network beefed up to match the subscribers using its network. Good luck!

Message 8 of 8