cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need advice

Anonymous
Not applicable
ive just recently got a 24 month Contract, only had the phone 2 days. ive just got out my car and my fone has fell out my pocket and is damaged. It still comes on but the screen is damaged 😞 i ordered the new contract by telephone and there was no mention of insurance so not sure if im covered. Any advice on were to go from here??
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you didn't request insurance then I'm afraid you're not covered.
Message 2 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Do you have any other insurance that may cover it I.E. Bank account or home contents insurance?
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cant the OP buy insurance now, and then phone back a few days later saying its broke and try to claim? Its only been 2 days since the contract started, unless o2 specifically says "at the start of the contract".

Just a thought
Message 4 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
I think that would be insurance fraud but I think the t&c state insurance must be added within 28 days I will check the old policy booklet I have for o2 insurance if I still have it.

As per this page within 28 days http://www.o2.co.uk/shop/phoneinsurance/
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Adam is compeltely correct, it would be fraudulent.
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
As it is within the 7 days would it still be possible to cancel?
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Adam is compeltely correct, it would be fraudulent.

Not only that, but it's a very very easy fraud to detect. You would just look at the claimant's call history, see that they have made no use of the phone since taking out the policy (i.e. it was broken before the policy was taken out).

Rather than comitting fraud, maybe the OP should consider paying for a repair? Carphone Warehouse are very good at repairs (even for non-Carphone Warehouse customers), and prices are quite cheap. I got a new screen for phone there for £40.
Message 8 of 8