Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving mobile supplier, bit confused with pac code, how it works

leea12345
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there i would like some knowledge please, my contract is up on 31/3/2019 and after being with 02 for about 12 years i have decided its time for me to move to another network. I have read i need to get a pac code from 02 to keep my number , If i give notice of cancellation and get a pac number, can i just give it to new netowrk and they move my number over ?,and also if i give them number before my contract expiry date, will it still transfer before contract expiry date? , and i will just get a final bill from 02. Thank you for your time.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23135 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@leea12345 You are, for the most part, correct. Please take a look at the two links below. They should answer any queries you have. If anything is still unclear, please come back and ask.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123059 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@leea12345

As soon as you use your PAC to move to another network, your contract with O2 will finish. They will then generate the final bill which you will have to pay.

Don't cancel any direct debits to O2 for at least a month and until your balance is showing 0.00.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144576 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27727 Solutions

@leea12345 the number transfer process usually only takes 2 days but they don't transfer numbers over weekends, so the ideal day to give your PAC to the new network is either Monday or Tuesday. 

PAC codes are only valid for 30 days so you need to use it within that time frame.

To get maximum use from O2 without paying for airtime you won't use, call and give notice on 1st March then give PAC to new network around 25th March.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4