cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

leaving o2 pay and go

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi looking for some advice. my main aim is to change network but left various things too late.

My situation is that I left less than 30 days till my o2 pay monthly expired and didnt want to roll over. so I thought to avoid this I got them to move my number over to a pay and go sim buying out the last 1-2 days of my contract which was pennies.

I asked for my PAC but they said they could not issue it untill it's activated with a minimum £10 topup. 

Is there a way round this? If I top up £10 then leave immediately do I lose the credit? Should I just use up the top up credit then get a PAC later?

A family member has o2 pay and go so could I transfer the credit to that number and transfer my number via PAC still?

thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
You could purchase some music via O2 Tracks...?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
One of the requirements is that the sim has been topped up before you can get a PAC, however, once the PAC is received you should be able to transfer the credit, but do it before using the PAC.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
You cannot transfer credit to another payg sim not in your name.

SIM cards can be sent to you via post which are free and then you need to activate them as MI5 suggests.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have rang up o2 who said that can transfer credit in fact, but will have to disconnect the number from which the credit came from.
do you see any other way of making use of the remaining credit
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have rang up o2 who said that can transfer credit in fact, but will have to disconnect the number from which the credit came from.
do you see any other way of making use of the remaining credit

Yes they have told me that recently too about disconnecting.  Bang

Why I dont understand.

Maybe one of your family members could make use of a sim with £10 on it or if you have a backup phone use it in that. 

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
You could purchase some music via O2 Tracks...?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6