Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lanzarote

phammond53
Level 1: Joiner
  • 35 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry for repeating the question but I can't remember what I did last year when I arrived in Lanzarote and got a welcome text but data did not work only wi-fi? I can't remember if changed data to idata or o2 data and which worked. I would like to be prepared this year please.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Oxonian
Level 30: Meditator
  • 6859 Posts
  • 128 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

@phammond53 

Word is that about 8.10am is a good time to call Customer Services. That maximises your chances of getting an advisor in a UK call centre, which tend to have staff with greater experience.  

Message 11 of 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145566 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27961 Solutions

You can ask to be put through to a UK call centre at anytime you call within opening hours.

Monday - Friday8am - 9pm
Saturday8am - 8pm
Sunday8am - 6pm
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 12 of 27

phammond53
  • 35 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have requested Idata bolt on as suggested, Thanks. Hope it works this year, unable to view any changes on my account?

Message 13 of 27

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12180 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1131 Solutions

I don't think you would see any difference @phammond53 - it is something that works "behind the curtain" on o2's systems.

If you get to your destination and it doesn't work, then you can try changing the APN but until then don't worry.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 14 of 27

MI5
  • 145566 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27961 Solutions

With iData enabled there's absolutely no need to change apn.

@phammond53 

You will also notice that visual voicemail will work with the correct iData bolt on.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 15 of 27

phammond53
  • 35 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My I-messages now saying "sending failed" in UK using 4G. They work with wi-fi as they did in Lanzarote.

I called o2 to reverse I-data bolt on , but was told no changes were made to my account.

Message 16 of 27

MI5
  • 145566 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27961 Solutions

For fear of constantly repeating myself, you need iData for an iPhone to work correctly.

Get it added and leave it alone.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 17 of 27

MI5
  • 145566 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27961 Solutions

Please don't start new posts.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 18 of 27

phammond53
  • 35 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I did add I-data yesterday now I have same problem that I had in Lanzarote?

Message 19 of 27

phammond53
  • 35 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Problem is worse after adding I-data, not working in uk

Message 20 of 27