cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

k800i on simplicity, won't send or receive MMS?!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had this problem for a while now! I used to be able to send images but not receive them but now it seems I can't send or receive images! I've downloaded the settings for the k800i but they do not work 😕 does anyone know the settings I need/how to get it to work??! It is driving me mad! Thanks very much :] xx
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
I hope you are ready for this, I have a K800i and this got me up and running:

Sony Ericsson K800i GPRS WAP Pay Monthly settings
Please note all steps must be completed to ensure the settings are correctly configured.
Please ensure that when entering 'O2' into the settings that the letter 'O' is selected not a zero.

The K800i has a central navigation button (Navi key) and four soft keys to either side of it and slightly above.

1. Press 'Menu' (left softkey).
2. Highlight ‘Settings’ and Select (left softkey).
3. Push the navi key 4 times to the right until it shows ‘Connectivity’ along the top of the screen, then highlight ‘Data communictions’ and press ‘Select’ (left softkey).
4. Highlight ‘Data accounts’ and press ‘Select’ (left softkey).
5. Highlight ‘New account’ and press ‘Select’ (left softkey).
6. On the ‘Account type’ screen, highlight ‘PS data’ and press ‘Select’ (left softkey).
7. On the 'Name' screen enter ‘O2 WAP GPRS’, press ‘Continue’ (left softkey).
8. On the ‘New PS data’ screen, highlight ‘APN’ and press ‘Edit’ (left soft key). Enter ‘wap.o2.co.uk’ and press ‘OK’ (left softkey).
9. Highlight ‘Username’ and press ‘Edit’ (left soft key). Enter ‘o2wap’ and press ‘OK’ (left soft key).
10. Highlight ‘Password’ and press ‘Edit’ (left softkey). Enter ‘password’ and press ‘OK’ (left softkey).
11. Press ‘Save’ (right softkey).
12. Press the ‘back’ arrow key (key directly below left softkey) 2 times.

Activate GPRS settings:
13. Highlight ‘Internet settings’ and press ‘Select’ (left softkey).
14. Highlight ‘Internet profiles’ and press ‘Select’ (left softkey).
15. Highlight ‘New profile’ and press the left hand soft key ‘Add’. Highlight ‘Name:’ and press the left hand soft key ‘Add’. Enter ‘O2 WAP GPRS’ and press the left hand soft key ‘OK’.
16. Highlight ‘Connect using’ and press ‘Select’ (left softkey). Highlight ‘O2 WAP GPRS’ and press ‘Select’ (left softkey).
17. Press the right hand soft key ‘Save’.

Change GPRS settings:
18. Highlight ‘O2 WAP GPRS’ and press the right hand soft key ‘More’.
19. Highlight ‘Settings’ and press ‘Select’ (left softkey).
20. Highlight ‘Use proxy:’ and press ‘Select’ (left softkey). Select ‘Yes’ and press ‘Select’ (left softkey).
21. Highlight ‘Proxy address:’ and left hand soft key ‘Edit’. Enter ‘193.113.200.195’ (to bring up the number press and hold down the number until it appears. Add the dots with the ‘1’ key) and press the left hand soft key ‘OK’.
22. Highlight ‘Port number:’ and press ‘Edit’ (left softkey). Enter ‘8080’ and press the left hand soft key ‘OK’.
23. Highlight ‘Username’, enter ‘o2wap’. Press OK (left softkey).
24. Highlight Password. Enter ‘password’ press OK (Left softkey).
25. Press the right hand soft key ‘Save’.

Change Homepage:
26. Highlight ‘O2 WAP GPRS’ and press the right hand soft key ‘More’.
28. Highlight ‘Advanced’ and press ‘Select’ (left softkey).
29. Highlight ‘Change homepage’ and press ‘Select’ (left softkey).
30. Highlight ‘Name:’ and press ‘Edit’ (left softkey). Hold the ‘c’ button (to the right of the Navikey) down to clear any text in the field. Enter ‘O2 ACTIVE’ and press ‘OK’ (left softkey).
31. Highlight ‘Address:’ and press ‘Edit’ (left softkey). Hold the ‘c’ button (to the right of the Navikey) down to clear any text in the field. Enter ‘http://wap.o2.co.uk’ and press the left hand soft key ‘OK’.
32. Press the right hand soft key ‘Save’.
33. Press the backward arrow key (key directly below left hand soft key).
34. Highlight ‘O2 WAP GPRS’ and press ‘Select’ (left softkey).
35. Press the ‘back’ button (to left of Navi key) 4 times to return to the standby screen.

The GPRS WAP Pay Monthly settings are now complete. However if you are still experiencing any issues using this service, please contact O2 Customer Services.

Sony Ericsson K800i MMS Pay Monthly settings
*PLEASE NOTE* - All steps must be completed to ensure the settings are correctly configured.
Please ensure that when entering 'O2' into the settings that the letter 'O' is selected not a zero.

Please also ensure the GPRS WAP Post Pay settings have been entered prior to entering the MMS Post Pay settings.

1. From the main menu scroll to ‘Messaging’ and press ‘Select’ (Left softkey).
2. Highlight ‘Settings’ and press ‘Select’ (Left softkey).
3. Highlight ‘Picture message’ and press ‘Select’ (Left softkey).
4. Highlight ‘Validity period’ and press ‘Edit’ (Left softkey). Highlight ‘Network maximum’ and press ‘Select’ (Left softkey).
5. Highlight ‘Read report’ and press ‘Edit’ (Left softkey). Highlight ‘Off’ and press ‘Select’ (Left softkey).
6. Highlight ‘Delivery report’ and press ‘Edit’ (Left softkey). Highlight ‘Off’ and press ‘Select’ (Left softkey).
Highlight ‘Signature’ and press ‘Edit’. Highlight ‘No signature’ and press ‘Select’ (left softkey).
7. Highlight ‘Creation mode’ and press ‘Edit’ (Left softkey). Highlight ‘Alert’ and press ‘Select’ (Left softkey).
8. Highlight ‘Picture scaling’ and press ‘Edit’ (Left softkey). Highlight ‘Off’ and press ‘Select’ (Left softkey).
9. Highlight ‘Auto download’ and press ‘Edit’ (Left softkey). Highlight ‘Always’ and press ‘Select’ (Left softkey).
10. Highlight ‘Accept messages’ and press ‘Edit’ (Left softkey). If not already ticked highlight ‘Advertisements’ and press the left hand soft key ‘Mark’. If already ticked leave. Ignore ‘Anonymous’ Press ‘Save’ (Right softkey).
11. Highlight ‘MMS profile’ and press ‘Edit’ (Left softkey).
12. Highlight and select 'New profile' (Left softkey)
13. Select 'MMS profile name:' and enter 'O2 MMS', select 'OK' (Left softkey)
14. Select 'Message server' and enter ‘http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002’ and press ‘OK’ (Left softkey).
15. Highlight ‘Internet profile’ and press ‘Edit’ (Left softkey). Highlight ‘O2 WAP GPRS’ and press ‘Select’ (Left softkey).
16. Select 'Save' (Right softkey)
17. Highlight 'O2 MMS' and select (Left softkey)
18. Press ‘back arrow’ (key to left of navi key) 4 times, to return to standby screen.

The MMS Pay Monthly settings are now complete. However if you are still experiencing any issues using this service, please contact O2 Customer Services.

Sony Ericsson K800i POP3 Email Pay Monthly Settings
*PLEASE NOTE* - All steps must be completed to ensure the settings are correctly configured.

The K800i has a central navigation button (Navi key) and two soft keys to either side of it and slightly above.

1. Select 'Menu' (right softkey)
2. Highlight 'Settings' and select (left softkey)
3. Press the Navi key to the right 4 times until it shows ‘Connectivity’.
4. Highlight ‘Data communications’ and ‘Select’ (left softkey).
5. Highlight ‘Data accounts’ and ‘Select’ (left softkey).
6. Highlight ‘New account’ and ‘Add’ (left softkey).
7. Highlight ‘PS data’ and ‘Select’ (left softkey).
8. On the 'Name' screen enter ‘O2 MOBILE WEB’ and ‘Continue’ (left softkey).
9. Highlight ‘APN’ and ‘Edit’ (left softkey), enter ‘mobile.o2.co.uk’ and ‘OK’ (left softkey).
10. Highlight ‘Username’ and ‘Edit’ (left softkey), enter ‘o2web’ and ‘OK’ (left softkey).
11. Highlight ‘Password’ and ‘Edit’ (left softkey), enter ‘password’ and ‘OK’ (left softkey).
12. Press ‘Save’ (right softkey).
13. Highlight ‘O2 MOBILE WEB’ and ‘Edit’ (left softkey).
14. Scroll to ‘DNS address’ and ‘Select’ (left softkey), enter ‘193.113.200.200’ (the dots will automatically put themselves in) and ‘Save’ (left softkey).
15. Press the backward arrow key (key directly below left hand soft key) 4 times.

Change email account settings
16. Highlight ‘Messaging’ and ‘Select’ (left softkey).
17. Highlight ‘Email’ and ‘Select’ (left softkey).
18. Highlight ‘Settings’ and ‘Select’ (left softkey).
19. Highlight ‘New account’ and ‘Add’ (left softkey), enter an account name of your choice and ‘OK’ (left softkey).
20. Highlight ‘Connect using’ and ‘Select’ (left softkey), highlight ‘O2 MOBILE WEB’ and ‘Edit’ (left softkey).
21. Highlight 'Email Address' and 'Edit' (left softkey), enter your/customers email address, then 'OK' (left softkey).
22. Highlight ‘Connection type’ and ‘Edit’ (left softkey), highlight ‘POP3’ and ‘Select’ (left softkey).
23. Highlight ‘Incoming server’ and ‘Select’ (left softkey), for O2 email account users enter 'mail.o2.co.uk', (check with your ISP if you are unsure) and 'OK' (left softkey).
24. Highlight 'Username' and 'Edit' (left softkey), enter your Email account Username and ‘OK’ (press Navi key). For O2 email account users, enter your full email address.
25. Highlight ‘Password’ and ‘Edit’ (left softkey), enter your email account password and ‘OK’ (left softkey).
26. Highlight ‘Outgoing server’ and ‘Edit’ (left softkey), enter ‘smtp.o2.co.uk’ and ‘OK’ (left softkey).
27. Highlight 'Advanced settings' and ‘Edit’ (left softkey).
28. Ignore 'Your name' and 'Signature'.
29. Highlight 'Download S&R' and 'Edit' (left softkey), highlight the option of your/customers choice and 'Select' (left softkey).
30. Ignore 'Check interval' (this is preset as 'Off').
31. Ignore 'Push email'.
32. Highlight 'Allow connection' and 'Edit' (left softkey), highlight the option of your/customers choice and 'Select' (left softkey).
33. Highlight 'Copy outgoing' and 'Edit' (left softkey), highlight the option of your/customers choice and 'Select' (left softkey).
34. Ignore 'Encryption' (this is preset as 'No encryption').
35. Highlight 'Outgoing username' and 'Edit' (left softkey), enter your Email account Username and ‘OK’ (press Navi key). For O2 email account users, enter your full email address.
36. Highlight ‘Outgoing password’ and ‘Edit’ (left softkey), enter your email account password and ‘OK’ (left softkey).
37. Hightlight ‘Incoming port’ and ‘Edit’ (left softkey), enter ‘110’ and ‘OK’ (left softkey).
38. Highlight ‘Outgoing port’ and ‘Edit’ (left softkey), enter '25' and 'OK' (left softkey).
39. Press the backward arrow key (key directly below left hand soft key) twice.
40. Press 'OK' (left softkey) to the message 'Account created. Select the new account if you want to use it as your active account'.
41. Highlight the account you have just created and press ‘Select’ (left softkey).
42. Press the 'Backwards' button (under left softkey) 3 times to get back to the standby screen.

The POP3 Pay Monthly settings are now complete. However if you are still experiencing any issues using this service, please contact O2 Customer Services.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried the above and it still hasn't worked 😕 I've been on simplicity for years, previously on a W810i, but since I got this phone MMS has failed to work, apart from I could send but not receive but now can't do either?!
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you get one the internet?
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you get one the internet?

Yeah I can, it is just the mms that won't work 😕
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
anyone? is the k800i just a phone and I should get a new phone?!
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Give o2 a ring and ask them to check if MMS is provisioned on your account.
Message 7 of 7