cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issues topping up a new PAYG sim

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently ordered a PAYG sim from O2...I am also a contract customer. The new sim is for a tracker device for my bike. Problem is, I have activated it, but I do not seem to be able to top it up with my debit/credit cards, either online or over the phone. I get the message that I have reached my top up limit on either the card or the sim...but there is a zero balance on it and I have never topped it up before. Has anyone else experienced this, and how did they resolve the issue?..I am not too happy about handing over cash at a top up point, just in case I lose the money.

I Have talked to a o2 customer service person online; they said they would refer it to the technical dept' and they would call me back..that didn't happen (and I didn't expect it to, to be honest). The sim only cost a penny, so if I can't get it going, I will go to Tesco's and buy another PAYG sim, but it is odd that o2 do not seem to want my money.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The only thing I can think of is have you topped up any other pay and go sims with your debit cards? You can only have two numbers registered to a card and customer service can deregister any numbers for you. If that isn't the case perhaps there is a problem with the sim card.

Have you tried to top up both online and via the phone?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The only thing I can think of is have you topped up any other pay and go sims with your debit cards? You can only have two numbers registered to a card and customer service can deregister any numbers for you. If that isn't the case perhaps there is a problem with the sim card.

Have you tried to top up both online and via the phone?

Message 2 of 4

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Some more ways of topping up your sim:

www.o2.co.uk/topup

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
I use my banking app to top up.
Message 4 of 4