cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone sim number transfer issue!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got my iphone stolen last week, I replaced it with a new one this morning and also got a brand new 3G sim card. I called 02 and had my number activated on my new sim card, which I realise can take some time especially this time of year, post Christmas.
However, I do have a signal on my phone, a few bars with 02 yet my texting and calling service are not yet working. Is this normal? my wifi is working. 😐

Cheers
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried turning the phone off and on again?
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I have, a few times. I think it might be a case of waiting until Monday because I dount anyone on the other end of 02 is going to register it on a Sunday right?
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think you may still have a calling bar on your account which is stopping your service (GPRS will still work unless a GPRS bar has been added), give o2 a call in the morning and they'll let you know if its on there and will remove it.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
i just got a new 3g sim card rung on o2 it took 14 hours before it started to work.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I called again last night, after being on hold for seemed like forever I was eventually told that because my last phone was stolen someone had failed to lift the block on my card...They fixed the problem and my phone should be working in 24 hours. 6 hours to go before that time is up...my phone still is not working. Fingers crossed!
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
i was told just keep sim card in phone and should activate it could take up to 24 hours took 14 hours hope your sorted soon.
Message 7 of 7