cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interntional or not????

Anonymous
Not applicable

My partner used an app to sent anonymous texts to me. I replied and sent quite a few. When I got my bill fro 02 it was really higher than normal, I rang 02 who told me their where international charges on my phone, I paniced thinking someone had hijacked my phone and asked for my number to be changed, I was charged £35. My partner came clean and told me it was an app from google play called anonymous text by bgeek. Their app states the texts are charged at standard text or free if on a plan (which I was).

I chatted with an o2 guru and explained the texts should be included in my unlimited plan as they were standard. 02 said they would investigate t and I should wait for a reply. Two months elapsed with no reply. So I have chatted again and no one as looked into my charges or investigated. What am I supposed to do as the app is saying they are standard texts and 02 are saying they are international. Can I also point out that when the prank was happening and me and my partner where texting each other, we were actually inthe same house. So Why are 02 saying they are international? Any insightnor help would be greatly appreciated

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

you can view al your charges in my-o2 and see what they actually were for.

Did you use live chat? If yes ring 202 for free and bypass live chat

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

you can view al your charges in my-o2 and see what they actually were for.

Did you use live chat? If yes ring 202 for free and bypass live chat

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

This is a quote from within the description of the app:

'IMPORTANT! This is a "pay as you go" app like a normal phone contract, it costs credits to send messages (free to receive) which you can purchase from inside the app (you get some FREE credits to start off). We will be releasing an update very soon that adds continuous free credits meaning you never have to pay a think, lookout for this, it's coming soon!'

You obviously didn't read that when you installed the app. You've been had.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 18

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Unless you know the numbers  you used there is every chance they were international, being in the same room would make no difference.

This will be the second time you have changed your number as the first time it's free.

Time to stop playing silly games with phones I reckon! Smiley Indifferent

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
I think you may just have to put this down to experience and be aware of what you are signing up for.
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been onto 02 guru (im assuming its the same) two months ago who said they would investigate and I should wait for a the outcome. I have never recived a reply so again came to chat for any answers, where I was they cannot find any outcome, meaning no one as looked into it!!!! again they have told me they will investigate, but I have no faith in o2 now. Do you know if You can come out of a contract with almost two years remaining if I feel they are not treated me fairly?

Message 6 of 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

You can come out of the contract any time you want to, if you pay off the remaining months that are left on it.

You haven't been treated unfairly. You downloaded and installed that app of your own free will. No one forced you to do that. If you were conned by the developers of the app, why is that construed as O2 treating you unfairly? If you have a complaint at all, it should be with the developers of the app, not O2.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 18

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

No you cannot leave your contract unless you pay it off in full.

You made these calls without knowing what numbers they were and now want O2 to take the responsibility, I would put this down to experience and move on.

O2 are not responsible for this.

How is it fair that you made these calls and expect someone else to pay for them?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate the reply, but I dont see what changing my number twice as any relevance on the question I asked. I stated in my post that the company bgeek state that replies are charged at standard rate, I merely wanted to know could 02 charge me international when the company say they are standard

Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct The app says it is pay and go, and the prankster (although silly did check it out beforehand) paid for the texts on her end a couple of pound for 10 approximately 10 texts, it stated that replies where free and she checked what that meant and it meant if the recipient replied they wuld only be charged standard or free if on a plan

Message 10 of 18