cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

if i pay money, say £100 to o2 towards my phone will my monthly bill go down as im not happy with it

Anonymous
Not applicable

i dont like how much im paying a month so if i pay money towards the phone will my monthly bill go down?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
Refresh gets you 2 bills. One for airtime and one for the device.
If you pay towards the device plan, O2 will stop taking money on that part of the account until the credit you applied runs out, but the airtime part will continue each month at the same rate.
If you are on a standard tariff and apply a credit, O2 will just stop calling any DD'd until the credit runs out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

If you're on a Refresh tariff, then yes.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
Refresh gets you 2 bills. One for airtime and one for the device.
If you pay towards the device plan, O2 will stop taking money on that part of the account until the credit you applied runs out, but the airtime part will continue each month at the same rate.
If you are on a standard tariff and apply a credit, O2 will just stop calling any DD'd until the credit runs out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
If "your not happy with it" then if you have the disposable income you could pay up the handset plan and either give notice to end the airtime contract and leave O2 or PAC Code ( http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427... ) to another network (check other networks signal via payg SIM cards ) or upgrade again or go onto a Sim only contract or payg.

Lots of choices.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

if i pay off my phone contract for my iphone 4 which is £140 could i get iphone 5 sim for phone ive bought  and upgrade my airtime data?

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Any O2 high street store can move your number and tariff to a nano SIM card for you or have one posted to you and perform the swap yourself.

SwapMySim Procedure.

If a person upgrades to another phone and the new phone takes another sized Sim Card then this procedure moves the Tariff and Mobile number from the original SIM card to the new one. If on PayAsYouGo any credit will move across too.

This is the same if a new SIM card is required if a person feels their original one may be at fault.

Any O2 HighStreet Store can perform the swap in store (if on Contract please take some Photo I.D just incase), or a person can take the SIM card home or request one via O2 Customer Services. 202 for Contract. 4445 for PAYG. 8002 for Business -> http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Sim Swap link -> http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk Or text SWAP to 20220

Be sure to ask for an Account Specific Blank SIM card as Contract and Pay As You Go versions hold different information. And please take some Photo ID for Contract Sim Cards just incase your asked.

The Service will stop on the original SIM card which indicates the swap has started. Turning the phone Off and On , or if applicable switching airplane mode On and Off ,with the new SIM card in every 20 minutes or so will typically help the connection to settle.

If your newly sent SIM card is a Nano sized version then another alternative if O2 have not supplied a SIM card adapter kit with it, is to pick this free adapter kit up from any O2 Store ,or order a set for a small fee from one of the auction sites.

Regards, BandOfBrothers (05/11/14)

Check in your myo2 for tariff availability or speak to O2 customer service on 202 when your paying off your handset plan about alternative data allowances / tariffs and what type of contract you want to move to such as another refresh tariff , sim only or payg.
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

if i pay off my phone contract for my iphone 4 which is £140 could i get iphone 5 sim for phone ive bought  and upgrade my airtime data?

Yes, once you pay off your current contract you are free to upgrade to any of the contracts offered by O2.

As you already have another phone you should look at the sim only deals as they will save you money.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/simplicity

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7