Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone XS Voicemail Issues

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

I cannot get Voicemail to work properly with my new O2 contract and iPhone XS. The iPhone Voicemail button screen shows "No Voicemail" and does not attempt to call any number.

Also, when I call 1750 (voicemail on), I get the following message;

"Thank you for choosing to use O2's voicemail. Please hold the line whilst we switch on your O2 messaging service, you have not been charged for this call..... Your messaging service could not be set up as we have not received your number - please call customer services for assistance".

If I call 1760 (voicemail off), I get;

"Please hold the line whilst we switch off your O2 messaging service, you have not been charged for this call. Your messaging service could not be switched off, please contact customer services for assistance".

I have called CS and also O2 Guru but the issue remains unresolved following various voicemail resets. I am wondering if there is an issue with O2 carrier settings for the iPhone XS, or what else I should do?

thanks.

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dgilbert2
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

With many thanks to @Marjo my Voicmail problem has now been resolved.

I recieved a call from a very helpful technical expert who removed 4G and WiFi calling from my account. For some reason this upsets things but once removed my Voicemail was fully working.

4G and WiFi calling were then added back again to my account and Voicemail has continued to work.

Thanks again grin

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@dgilbert2

I'm not sure I can answer your specific query but only point you to our guide to voicemail here

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/ba-p/547712

If none of the above is helpful then it may be a problem with your settings and O2's

Hopefully someone with an iPhone may be able to help more than me?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 16

dgilbert2
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Many thanks both for your replies. I have been through the Voicemail guide but it has not shed any light, only identified another issue.

O2 Call Alert with 1710 cannot be setup either, similar message to Voicemail "...could not be set up as we have not received your number - please call customer services for assistance".

I have just tried an EE SIM and that works fine in the iPhone.

Message 4 of 16

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Your voicemail box needs resetting.
Call customer service on 202
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 16

dgilbert2
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Thanks, I called today and they did reset my Voicemail (I got returned to the default pin etc), but still no joy.

Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bit of a long shot, but worth a try maybe... do you have WiFi Calling and 4G Calling enabled both on your account and also on your phone in the settings?

If so, try de-activating them both. Then see if you can sort your Voicemail - obviously once you've tried to sort it you need to go back into My o2 and your iPhone's settings to re-enable both WiFi Calling and 4G Calling. 

Sounds a bit strange, but both of these services (really annoyingly) can affect the ability to set up Voicemail services - it's a bit of a peculiarity that certain networks suffer from depending how they've set up these systems as one seems to prevent the other's state from being changed. Might work for you, might not, but it helped a friend out a while ago who was having a similar issue! 

Message 7 of 16

dgilbert2
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Yes, 4G and WiFi calling were both enabled, but even when swicthed off I still get the above problems worried

I appreciate the suggestions though.

Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that didn’t help your situation out pensive was worth a shot though and you’re welcome for the suggestion. 

Hope you get to the bottom of it soon, keep us updated when you find out the solution!! 

Message 9 of 16

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You aren't the first to report this problem. I'm just wondering if it's a problem with ios 12. In which case Apple may well release a software update.

Message 10 of 16