Did you mean: 

iPhone XR refusal, what are my rights?

Marathoni
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guys, 

this is my first post so apologies if this is not in the right place. 

so basically I saw the offer for £300 off iPhone xr outside my local O2 shop, obviously I walked in and inquired more. deal looks too good to miss out on and I've been meaning to upgrade all the devices in the family so I took the plunge and decided to buy 4 as the price was really good. We went though all the standard credit check etc. but at the end the assistant said because I was taking multiple contracts he would have to ring fraud team. I had no problem so I said feel free. He came back and said he was sorry but because it was past 6pm they are closed and I will have to come back tomorrow. I express my concerns about them running out of stock and the guy said he will put 4 aside for me. I went back in the next day expecting to walk out with the phones and manager basically said the offer is over and we are not allowed to sell them anymore!

At this stage I explained that a credit check was carried out and the shop had sent me a pre contract agreement explaining all breakdown of the cost etc. 

After expressing my extreme anger I left with email of complain team. My question is what are mt rights here? I obviously do want the phones and I am also peed off about the fact that they did credit check and refused the phones. 

what should be my move? any advice would be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Marathoni 

I think that's despicable behaviour tbh.

I'll tag our community team @Marjo @Martin-O2 to see if they can help you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Marathoni
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for reply, Yeah dint expect this from O2 to be honest. specially after the assistant reassure me phones are reserved for me. So I went home and told my family they be getting new iPhones for Xmas. Now they are so disappointed and I'm in this unpleasant situation.
Message 3 of 5

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Marathoni I'm really sorry to hear of the bad experience that you've had when attempting to upgrade. I'll grab some details from you and find out exactly where you stand with this. 

Cheers for the tag @MI5!

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 5

Marathoni
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for getting back to me @Martin-O2. just to clarify it was 4 new connections I was taking out. Appreciate anything you can do. 

Message 5 of 5