cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4 unlimited 3G?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am looking for a monthly tarriff that allows me to constantly keep on my 3G setting on my iPhone 4?

I am on O2 50 24 month contract which is fine, and a data allowance bolt on of "The All Rounder for iPhone - 500MB"

I'm pretty sure that if i leave 3G on for 30 days (the month of the contract) then i go over and get charged?

What would be a good bolt on for this, for unlimited 3G? or is 500mb more than adequate?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Pay monthly contract customers do not get charged for going over their data limit. Instead their speeds are throttled until your next refresh date or you buy a bolt on.

If you want to increase your data allowance then ring o2 on 202 to see what your options are.

For example their are 1gb to 2gb data Allowances to be had. So if you sign up to a 4g contract even if it's not currently in your area before the 31/10/13 you are awarded with extra data.

Obviously what I'm suggesting may affect your monthly outlay.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23235 Posts
  • 1031 Topics
  • 3696 Solutions

O2 do not do unlimited data plans any more.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Pay monthly contract customers do not get charged for going over their data limit. Instead their speeds are throttled until your next refresh date or you buy a bolt on.

If you want to increase your data allowance then ring o2 on 202 to see what your options are.

For example their are 1gb to 2gb data Allowances to be had. So if you sign up to a 4g contract even if it's not currently in your area before the 31/10/13 you are awarded with extra data.

Obviously what I'm suggesting may affect your monthly outlay.
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think your right as i have chatted to o2 and they say i will never be charged for 3G?

I always turned it off as thought once i had gone over my 500mb i was charged per mb or per minute?

Anyway o2 confirmed that i can just leave on forever and let is connect when needed. Also 3G stops when i connect to wifi and this overrides 3G?

My 500mb applies to Wifi too which i didn't know as my home wifi is mine, but once it goes past 500mb all that will happen on 3G and Wifi is that it will go slow?
Message 4 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

WIFI is not included I bet that was live chat!!

Your 500 mb applies to data on 2g and 3g and that is is. at end of 500mb you are slowed or can buy additional data bolton (but that claws back any overuse that was slowed)

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
My 500mb applies to Wifi too which i didn't know as my home wifi is mine, but once it goes past 500mb all that will happen on 3G and Wifi is that it will go slow?

Adam is right, O2 do not charge at all for wi-fi use:

http://www.o2wifi.co.uk/

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes your right i was directed to Live chat and had to ask there!

I did question it too, surely wifi is unlimited??

But I pay for 500mb which should be for Edge and 3G? Again im pretty sure i was given the wrong info from 02 saying that 3G is charged if it goes over the allowance, so leaving it on and it downloading emails, surfing the net is chargeable per mb?

So had it always turned off!

Now they have said that there is no charge just that it will slow. But the 500mb now includes WIFI and that will slow also after going over? Pretty sure that is incorrect? (like the posters here mention)

Message 7 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Yes totally incorrect. Wifi will never be slowed or limited. O2 couldn't do that.

Message 8 of 8