Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad Click and Collect - Advise Needed

Ed1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I added a new mobile broadband contract to my account with an iPad on click and collect. When I went to collect the order the store proposed that they cancel the original order and do me a better deal in store (with the Netflix offer etc) I agreed and walked out with my new iPad which has been fine.

The original order however has not even cancelled (I did not collect the order) and I have just received the bill. The store advised me to phone 202 who were no help at all. I realise this maybe an unusual scenario but the advisor couldn’t grasp the problem at all. The advise was to cancel my direct debit (linked to my main account so not a good idea) and phone back to make a payment by debit card.

Please can somebody advise how long it takes to return an order from store and then for this to filter through and cancel the contract?

I totally get stores offering this is probably linked to retail targets they need to make but if a store act in this way they need to be certain that the original order is dealt with in a timely fashion.

I feel this situation is way to complex now through no fault of my own. I have a direct debit coming out for 2 iPad contracts but the only advice o2 are able to give is to cancel my direct debit.

Thank you in advance to anyone who has any details to offer.
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hi @Ed1 

Only customer services can cancel the original order and clear your account, so unfortunately, you will need to call again and hope you get someone who knows how to help you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hi @Ed1 

Only customer services can cancel the original order and clear your account, so unfortunately, you will need to call again and hope you get someone who knows how to help you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Ed1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.

So it isn’t a automatic process as the store have said? I will need to phone up again. If so that is very poor on the store as they were sure it would be taken care off.
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Never believe anyone who's trying to sell you something wink
It will eventually be processed as a non collection but that could take 2 or 3 months.......

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Ed1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
OK that’s a bit sneaky though...

Thanks for your help
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No worries mate.
Hope you get sorted.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6