Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i stop my son from going over his limit

kathryndaniels
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

is there a setting that stops my son from going over his limit. He has an LG L3 (if that makes any sense)

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

o2 (as far as I'm aware) don't support capping usage. Tesco mobile however do, and it's o2's network - pop into your local superstore and have a chat.

As an example, I have just taken out a contract for my 12 year old stepson:

£7.50 per month, 200 minutes, 5000 texts, 250mb data - all capped and you can bar adult content, premium numbers and MMS online

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

His limit of what? Minutes? Or data?! If he's young I suspect it's data as he'll be on Facebook or Twitter all day, all I can suggest is to physically monitor what he's doing that uses lots of data, what's his limit? 500 Mb?

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

o2 (as far as I'm aware) don't support capping usage. Tesco mobile however do, and it's o2's network - pop into your local superstore and have a chat.

As an example, I have just taken out a contract for my 12 year old stepson:

£7.50 per month, 200 minutes, 5000 texts, 250mb data - all capped and you can bar adult content, premium numbers and MMS online

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

he can text  balance to 21202 at any time to find out his remaining allowance for the month, if he uses up the data he will not get charged but the service will slow down.  The text is a free service.

Message 4 of 6

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

Unfortunately there are no ways to place bars on his account to stop him going over his minutes allowance. You could get a bar on to stop premium numbers or perhaps one to stop MMS but not for his calltime.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 5 of 6

MattHead93
Level 3: Thinker
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

As the others have said, I don't think O2 cap messages, calls or data (after all, it's part of what makes them money!)

However, I have a suggestion (albeit, not a technical one) - if your son currently receives pocket money, or has a part-time job, make him pay for the additional balance when he goes over. I'm sure he'll soon learn it's not unlimited!

Message 6 of 6