cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help changing network

Anonymous
Not applicable
i want to cancel my exisiting contract and change network, while keeping my current number (i no i will have to pay off the remainder of my o2 contract, but its worth it cos will be cheaper in the long run). i found a contract on 3 that perfectly fits my usage and gives me a free phone, which o2 are unlikely to do in a few months when my contract expires but its only a july offer

any help with the process of doing this would greatly appreciated
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Ring Customer Services and tell them what you have posted above and they will organise it for you.

You may have to pay the outstanding contract charges in one lump sum.

Ask for a PAC code(valid for 30 days), which you pass to your new company in order to transfer your number.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks, paying one lump sum doesnt bother me, is only 3 months. thanks for the quick reply. not really sure if i trust o2 customer services with this but got no other choice. never no, might get offered new contract there and then. pigs might fly.

so when i order new contract from 3, just need to give them the pac code o2 supply

free nokia e71 here i come!
Message 3 of 6

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
sheepdog, how does that work?

Surely if the OP pays to full term that would complete the contract and release them to go elsewhere. 😐
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
bad news fella, 3 are the worse network i have ever been on. currently coming to O2. the 3 customer services team are very poor, thats if you can understand them. i have made at least 5 complaints about the staff this year alone. you need all the minutes you can get because if your driving the signal drops more regulary than well, you know what! back up when your phone breaks is useless. they told me on sunday that i can use the orange network aswell as the 3. they offered hundreds of texts to stay. it took 4 phone calls, 1 hour 30 mins to get my pac on sunday. and then when he told me it would £150 to leave as i have to pay up my contract and said yes fine not a problem he said "you have too much money you, you shouldn't have" !! if he had been stood in front of me he would have been toothless!! my good wife spent an hour last friday getting her pac. we are so relieved to have lft 3. also lots of friends are leaving. same reasons, signal is piggy backed on orange.

DONT DO IT!!!
Message 5 of 6

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Well.

The words frying pan and fire come to mind. wink

Message 6 of 6