cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

general service continued

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi ,         i am on a monthly broadband plan using a dongle supplied by o2 for 4g connection.  the onset of the 2nd month the problems began . the internet would constantly disconnect so obviously contacted help, who informed me there was a mast issue affecting my postcode should be resolved in couple of days . when that didnt happen went back on live chat and asked more specitic qstions like -: what is the issue exactly? where exactly is the mast located? can u give me definite date for normal service? etc, was then given more vague generalistions which i wasnt happy with. meantime the disconnections continue sometimes 5 or 6 times in an hour. and obviously with these issues making the internet virtually un-usable. half way thru filling forms disconnect, middle of conversations disconnect , playing online game etc etc . and not only that but the website u we,re on is dissmissed and the 02 online app would take over the window and would also open several more windows all the same o2 page. the more windows the more data used etc. not having an o2 phone it costs to contact them but i ring , and put the same specific qstions and get general vague replys as before. so i attempt to talk to live chat and the first thing i notice the option for me to email a copy of the live chat transcript to my email add is disabled ? and as soon as i enter my details im left on hold and after 20mins i give up. over the next 20 plus attempts to talk to live chat having entered my details i would b disconnected by the agent . this went on and on as did disconnections. so i ring again ,02 now having my number leave me on hold and after 45mins i give .up. i try calling next day im put on hold and after 25mins i give up.  So now i am being deliberately avoided by my own network the issues go on . i mean that in itself beggars belief that 1 month into a contract i have no usable service with no detailed info and no support or contact from o2. given the times i tried live chat and disconnected even if they claim it ws technical disconection, surely any responsible caring customer services would with 20 plus disconnection on my profile screen would at least some attempt to contact me  ?? but absolutely nothing,no call, no email no msg nothing. unbelievable considering there marketing claims. i then go to 02 shop portsmouth where im given the same vague mast story. which they sd would be resolved that week.  i then remember a friend has an o2 phone and he contacts o2 is talking to agent in 2mins !!! and i get on the phone give my details and theres a long delay before i point out all issues to an agent . i said u can see on my profile the constant diconecting , the attempts to talk to live chat the unusable internet all there on her screen. she says  "of course u realise that under the terms "  basically pointing out that technicall they are not responsible and my monthly bill would still have to be paid. not saying, oh yes well thats ridiculous the service this month or u,v made all those attempts on live chat and got no follow up from o2 at all. i say its unbelievable ignorance and deliberate avoidance wot do u intend to do to compensate me . im offered a£10 credit on my next months term, which under my plan in real terms to about a days internet. pathetic . i of course inform her that i wont be paying a penny to o2 for a non existant service. im then reffered to a connection tech who has all current maintenace schedules and specifics and is an expert .  after a few words says, yes well there are no issues recent or otherwise affecting my postcode ??????   every bit of info from o2 prior to that was complete rubbish , and not based on facts at all ?   nuts !!  dave dale

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous Starting a second thread with the same topic will only confuse matters, not help. Apart from anything else, this is a customer to customer forum. No one here can help with your dissconnection issues. If you're unhappy with how you've been treated by customer service you can lodge a formal complaint here: http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 24

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

So what is it you're wanting from us here? O2 don't read these forums, so unfortunately you'll not get any official response using this medium. 

You say that you're not going to pay them a penny, but if you're on a contract I'm afraid doing that will just get you chased by debt collectors and a mark on your credit file that'll stay for 6 years, affecting all sorts including trying to obtain a phone contract to getting a mortgage or loan. 

I suggest you follow the complaints link give to you above, and for your own sake don't just cancel any direct debits you have in place. 

Good luck. 

Message 3 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have made complaints dont worry, not to 02 , ive wasted enough of my life just trying talk to them and all ive got from them is lies no service and no support , i will seek proper compensation via the relevant authorities and regulators and let people know the ignorant ,arrogant and im sure unlawful conduct of o2. its my belief o2 applied the conflicts to my account in a underhand attempt to make money ie by manipulating me into an upgrade or buying o2 phone or from the cash made from a non o2 phone calling c services. not so much a network more a big scam. 

Message 4 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
and who are u exactly ?
Message 5 of 24

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

i have made complaints dont worry, not to 02 , ive wasted enough of my life just trying talk to them and all ive got from them is lies no service and no support , i will seek proper compensation via the relevant authorities and regulators and let people know the ignorant ,arrogant and im sure unlawful conduct of o2. its my belief o2 applied the conflicts to my account in a underhand attempt to make money ie by manipulating me into an upgrade or buying o2 phone or from the cash made from a non o2 phone calling c services. not so much a network more a big scam. 

I highly doubt it tbqh, to complain to ofcom you'll need a letter of deadlock from O2 and it seems you've not given them that chance yet. If after 8 weeks of negotiations you're not at a satisfactory outcome O2 should issue the deadlock letter if requested.

Be aware, without this ofcom will not entertain your complain as you've not exhausted avenues with O2. 

Message 6 of 24

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
and who are u exactly ?

Were all fellow customers on these forums, you're not addressing O2 but just O2 customers! 

Message 7 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
and incidently i have now recieved 4 email updates re the ongoing mast issues , the mast issues that dont actually exist. todays e mail sd they hoped to have repairs complete in 5 days lol there are or ever have been any mast issues . fact. u say what do u want from us ? well who r u ? this is site for o2 community ? are u the owner or wot ?
Message 8 of 24

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
and incidently i have now recieved 4 email updates re the ongoing mast issues , the mast issues that dont actually exist. todays e mail sd they hoped to have repairs complete in 5 days lol there are or ever have been any mast issues . fact. u say what do u want from us ? well who r u ? this is site for o2 community ? are u the owner or wot ?

Again, we are O2 customers. It's a customer to customer forum, we cannot access your accounts and O2 do not browse these fora. 

You need to follow the link given in the first reply to this thread to make am official complaint. 

Message 9 of 24

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Sorry to hear of the difficulties you've experienced with your service. As some of the community members have pointed out you cannot get support directly from O2 on these forums. You can however get plenty of good advice from other users. 

I would advise you to pursue this with customer services as they are in a position to help you. 

I have also put both your posts together to avoid any confusion by having 2 threads on the same subject. You can find a handy guide on using the Forums here and if you have any further questions feel free to drop me a private message. 

Martin 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 24