cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

final bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

hey guys

I have cancelled my contract 2 days ago and received my final bill today at £71.67 which is wrong!

I have contacted o2 and after checking with her manager(s) lady said she put a request in to have my bill cancelled and that it takes 3 working days

she also said to cancel my DD for the disconnected contract

can anyone tell me if i do cancel DD with my bank will I be in trouble with o2?

i have 2 other contracts with them and was wondering if they can add these wrong charges to my other accounts?

i have asked for a ref or anything but she couldn't give me nothing

she said she noted it on their system but had problems with them before and afraid i might pay even tho i shouldn't and been told to cancel theDD

oh and will my balance show ZERO after the 3 working days of her requesting to cancel the bill?

cheers !

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
You should only cancel your direct debit once you receive and have paid your final bill.

Have you spoken to O2 via live chat or 202 from your phone.

If the first then ring them on 202 as live chat can get things a little muddled.

We have come across other members who have had problems after cancelling a direct debit before things have been finalised. Even a default being put in their credit file !

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
You should only cancel your direct debit once you receive and have paid your final bill.

Have you spoken to O2 via live chat or 202 from your phone.

If the first then ring them on 202 as live chat can get things a little muddled.

We have come across other members who have had problems after cancelling a direct debit before things have been finalised. Even a default being put in their credit file !
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I personally wouldn't cancel the dd I would wait for them to cancel the bill if any money is taken by mistake it can always be refunded via your bank instantly

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke to the lady over the phone, don't trust the live chat and she said it's safe to cancel my DD as my final bill should be zero

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I personally would wait but it's your call.
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

well she said it will take 3 working days so I will wait till the end of next week before I cancel the DD. how will I know my bill has been corrcted tho?

thanks!

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Look in your my02 or ring them back.
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, I wouldn't risk cancelling the direct debit until you know the final bill has been either paid or confirmed at zero - it's not worth risking problems the problems that come with an unpaid bill.

Message 8 of 8