Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

esim showing no service on iphone 15 pro

alassani12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got this phone today and set everything up after work, since I upgraded from my sim only contract to a handheld contract I was able to transfer everything from my iphone 7 to my new iphone however even though the esim is installed I'm getting no service appear on the top left. I have tried numerous things to see if it will fix it but to no success. I don't if there is a activation period for this or what, but if anyone could help me that would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144472 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27682 Solutions

@alassani12 

I suspect there's no esim installed at all, so in store is your quickest way of getting going with it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144472 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27682 Solutions

@alassani12 

You need to do a sim swap to activate the esim.

Start from your old physical sim Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6621 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

Is this a new Esim as the old one can't be transferred.

You may need to do a SIM swap.

Try Swap My SIM in My-O2 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144472 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27682 Solutions

iPhone 7 could not have used an esim.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

alassani12
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the speedy reply! Is it recommended to do it through the app? Because via text its asking me to give a ssn but I don't have a esim pack since it was already installed for me when I got the phone

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144472 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27682 Solutions

@alassani12 

You may not have the option in your MyO2 as it depends which billing system you are on.

Who "installed" the esim, as you should still have the pack with QR code in case you need to reinstall it at at any time.

Might be easier to pop into your local O2 store to sort it, but take photo ID with you if you do.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

alassani12
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah I see, I upgraded online and got the phone delivered so it didn't come with any of that. However I will probably just head into store as you suggested thank you very much. 

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144472 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27682 Solutions

@alassani12 

I suspect there's no esim installed at all, so in store is your quickest way of getting going with it.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8