cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

end a o2 refresh contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys just a fast one,

I have £240 left on my device plan which im about to pay off, i take it i can then just cancel the sim and airtime plan without any cost?

thanks!

Message 1 of 31
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
It shouldn't be too difficult for them - The T&C's are quite clear:
O2 Refresh

1.8 If you’re an O2 Refresh customer you will get a Pay Monthly tariff that combines a 24-month Airtime Plan on a Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement and one or more Device Plans that allow you to pay for your equipment either upfront (the Cash Price) or by paying monthly instalments on a Consumer Credit Agreement, under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Selected combinations of Device Plans and Airtime Plans with selected devices/bundles will include an up-front payment.

1.9 When an O2 Refresh Device Plan is paid off (after 24 months or earlier if you choose to pay it off at any time before the end of the 24 month term) or by paying the full cash price upfront, you can either:

Continue with your original Airtime Plan. In these circumstances, the combined Pay Monthly tariff will automatically reduce to reflect just the Airtime Plan tariff, until it is terminated in accordance with our Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement; or
Take a new O2 Refresh deal. Where a Device Plan has been paid off before the end of the 24 month term, we’ll waive the remaining months of your linked Airtime Plan that you haven’t used. For the avoidance of doubt, Charges (including for Additional Services) not included in your monthly Airtime Plan, or Charges arising prior to full repayment of the balance of a Device Plan, will not be waived and will be billed as normal. You will not be entitled to a refund of Charges already paid when paying off a Device Plan; or
Terminate your Airtime Plan. In these circumstances, your Airtime Plan will not be treated as having any remaining Minimum Period for the purposes of paragraph 8.3 of the Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement and you will be free to upgrade at a later date.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes.

Just pay off the phone plan and tell them You want to cancel the airtime too.
Message 2 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks! if only customer services could answer that so easily haha

Message 3 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lol.

One of the pro's about refresh is its simple terms on being not locked in to a 2 year contract.

Sorry to hear your wanting to leave all the same.
Message 4 of 31

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
It shouldn't be too difficult for them - The T&C's are quite clear:
O2 Refresh

1.8 If you’re an O2 Refresh customer you will get a Pay Monthly tariff that combines a 24-month Airtime Plan on a Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement and one or more Device Plans that allow you to pay for your equipment either upfront (the Cash Price) or by paying monthly instalments on a Consumer Credit Agreement, under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Selected combinations of Device Plans and Airtime Plans with selected devices/bundles will include an up-front payment.

1.9 When an O2 Refresh Device Plan is paid off (after 24 months or earlier if you choose to pay it off at any time before the end of the 24 month term) or by paying the full cash price upfront, you can either:

Continue with your original Airtime Plan. In these circumstances, the combined Pay Monthly tariff will automatically reduce to reflect just the Airtime Plan tariff, until it is terminated in accordance with our Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement; or
Take a new O2 Refresh deal. Where a Device Plan has been paid off before the end of the 24 month term, we’ll waive the remaining months of your linked Airtime Plan that you haven’t used. For the avoidance of doubt, Charges (including for Additional Services) not included in your monthly Airtime Plan, or Charges arising prior to full repayment of the balance of a Device Plan, will not be waived and will be billed as normal. You will not be entitled to a refund of Charges already paid when paying off a Device Plan; or
Terminate your Airtime Plan. In these circumstances, your Airtime Plan will not be treated as having any remaining Minimum Period for the purposes of paragraph 8.3 of the Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement and you will be free to upgrade at a later date.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can customer services not know something as basic as that live chat maybe?
Message 6 of 31

jonsie
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Message 7 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe I'm not as confident as you on live chat knowing the basics wink
Message 8 of 31

jonsie
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Message 9 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Once you have paid off your device element IF you want to keep your number you are also able to request a PAC code to take the number to a new provider
Message 10 of 31