cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM stuck on processing for over 2 days.

Benz3ne
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Per the title, requested an eSIM through a new (to me), factory reset iPhone 13 through the settings > mobile network settings. 

Physical SIM was working correctly so I shouldn't really have bothered trying, in hindsight.

Signal dropped immediately - unexpected to me but now explained that it transfers as per a regular sim swap - so I contact support via O2 app a couple of hours later.

Was explained that it would take up to 24 hours and that was that.

Yesterday morning after 26 hours, re-contacted support and was advised the same. Reiterated that 24 hours had already elapsed so a tech support ticket was raised (though I can't seem to access that progress anywhere).

Today, still no signal, order still marked as 'processing' on myO2. Contacted support. This time advised that I needed to provide a code that was sent to me via SMS to verify my account (which I cannot receive as I have no service) so advised as such. Thereafter, advised that they couldn't proceed as I can't provide that code to my (disabled) phone number. Thereafter they recommend that I pop into the nearest store that is on their new system (closest of which is 26 miles away) or to call 202 (which I cannot do due to no service).

Asked the question as to why I needed to provide a code that was sent to me via SMS after two alternate support sessions didn't require that and have been provided no answers.

Still no answers as to why the eSIM is still showing as 'processing'. Still no ETA on when it will be resolved.

All at a very inopportune time as I have to be contactable at any time during a 24/7 period, for the time being (and foreseeable).

Any ideas how best to progress? Wasted almost 2 hours this morning getting no answers.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144954 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@Benz3ne 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Guide: A Guide to Skype 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Benz3ne
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5. I'm still curious as to why today requires verification and this wasn't a prerequisite over the previous 2 days. I've been with O2 for several years now and this has really tarnished my view of their procedures, rather unfortunately.

Message 3 of 4

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6773 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

When changing mine via My O2 the changeover was almost instantaneous.

O2 systems are a law onto  themselves. Pot luck if they work or not 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 4