cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do i need a pac code?

Anonymous
Not applicable
if i change from a o2 online contract to an o2 contract from a 3rd party (eg mobiles.co.uk) do i need a pac from o2 cs or will it just change over from one to the other
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
_

I asked O2 the same question, and they told me I could not port my number from one O2 contract to another. The PAC code only works from one Network Supplier to another. The PAC code is an authorisation to the new Network to take over the Billing.

As has been stated in these forums by others, the only way to port your number from one O2 contract to another, is to port it first of all to a PAYG sim, then port it from the PAYG sim to the new contract. I confirmed this with the guys in a Tesco store yesterday.

_
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah, i found a simular post as soon as i posted this one. thanks for replying though. hardly seems worth the effort as will be without own number for 7-14 days. might aswell get a new number afew weeks before the current one runs out and try not to forget to tell anyone the new number.
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
i transfered from o2 pay & go to O2 contract pretty easy just phoned CS once i recived contract and they did it within 2 hours.
Message 4 of 5

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
i transfered from o2 pay & go to O2 contract pretty easy just phoned CS once i recived contract and they did it within 2 hours.

This is different, "contract to contract".
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 5