Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

direct debit

OTwoisAnnoying
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

keep saying I haven't got a direct debit and not paid my bill when I have.... why can't I talk to anyone

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145923 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28087 Solutions

@OTwoisAnnoying 

You can get in touch with Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217
Payment Management opening hours:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Guide: How to Pay Your Bill (Contract) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 145923 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28087 Solutions

@OTwoisAnnoying 

You can get in touch with Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217
Payment Management opening hours:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Guide: How to Pay Your Bill (Contract) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 8

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7101 Posts
  • 136 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

@OTwoisAnnoying 

Before contacting O2, I suggest that you contact your bank to obtain the unique transaction identification number of your payment. It will be a sixteen digit number. O2 will need you to provide that so that they can search for your remittance in their accounting records.   

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 145923 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28087 Solutions

@OTwoisAnnoying 

I know from personal experience what's happened here.

O2 have moved you to the new billing system and have cancelled your old direct debit. They have set up a new direct debit with your bank but have attempted to claim your payment from the old DD which has obviously failed.

There will be no payment reference as no money has left your bank.

Call payment management to pay manually and set up a new DD correctly.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 8

Robh3
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Actually with mine they did, they forgot to cancel my old DD and didn’t set the new one up. So I had the reference numbers to prove it. That the DD on the old system had been paid. 
But it’s taken about 5 hours on different days to get to that point, and about 9pm I got 4 text messages about my account being credited with the original DD payments and will show up on my next bill. 
Then to confuse me even more, I then got another text saying my bill of £0.00 was overdue, and they would block any bolt ons until it was paid. 

Message 5 of 8

Oxonian
  • 7101 Posts
  • 136 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

At least you seem to have got it sorted @Robh3 ; you are probably well aware that millions of O2 customers seem to be having MyO2, billing and payment issues at the moment ! 👍 

Message 6 of 8

Robh3
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Oxonian I'm aware it's not over yet, as I posted elsewhere, O2 seem to be in a hurry to get everyone onto the new system, but only doing half a job, because even today I'm still getting text & emails regarding last months bills & direct debit payments.

Plus as it's their fault and not ours, stop harassing people and threatening them with Debt Collection agencies as they did with me.

Message 7 of 8

Oxonian
  • 7101 Posts
  • 136 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

@Robh3 wrote:

@Oxonian I'm aware it's not over yet, as I posted elsewhere, O2 seem to be in a hurry to get everyone onto the new system, but only doing half a job, because even today I'm still getting text & emails regarding last months bills & direct debit payments.

Plus as it's their fault and not ours, stop harassing people and threatening them with Debt Collection agencies as they did with me.

@Robh3 

O2's debt collection policy is ruthless, with disputed debts being passed to DCAs even whilst fraud investigations are still in progress. Whether that is fair and proper is frequently questioned, but it is their policy and customers are stuck with it. 😅   

Message 8 of 8