cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

direct debit top up

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a DD from my bank to top up my phone each month but every now and again 02 dont take it out of my bank instead every text I do is taken off the credit I have saved what can I do to prevent this happening ?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Not much really other than checking if the DD has been taken.
You could try checking with CS to see if there is an issue but as it works some months and not others an intermittent fault might be impossible to find.
I assume you have sufficient funds in the account to cover the DD at the time it is requested?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Not much really other than checking if the DD has been taken.
You could try checking with CS to see if there is an issue but as it works some months and not others an intermittent fault might be impossible to find.
I assume you have sufficient funds in the account to cover the DD at the time it is requested?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Personally I would cancel the auto top up and add a reminder in the calendar to top up on the same date every month. It would seem there are still problems with O2's systems...

Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
Could it be on the day the DD, is set to come out you havent reduced your credit to the auto top up trigger level, hence the DD doesnt trigger.

Bare in mind the DD is sent 3-5 days before the due date, sue to how bacs works.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 4