cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crime

Anonymous
Not applicable

02 i have used your guru service twice now about a phone number that i have unknowingly been paying for on my account. A number that i do not know about or have ever used.

The guru guys reassured me that this was a mistake and said that the tranaction would be cancelled straight away and that the money wold be paid back into my account. Beliving that this would happen i happily ended the conversation 5 months later i find that the money is still coming out of my account and that the money hasn't been put back into my account!?

I have now cancelled the DD but i would like to know why i was told this issue would be ressolved and it wasn't? I have been out of the country for the last 9 months paying for a number i have never used, or even signed for this is out of order, unprofessional and frankly criminal.

I will never use 02 again and will advise friends, family and work collegues to find a provider that is more intouch with its customers needs.

Thanks for the 10 years of average service.

Yours sincerly

i would like my money back!!

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92926 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 won't see your message here I'm afraid and it's far better to speak to someone on the free overseas contact number.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

However you should also make a written complaint by email here : http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
  • 92926 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 won't see your message here I'm afraid and it's far better to speak to someone on the free overseas contact number.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

However you should also make a written complaint by email here : http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 2 of 14

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

As said this isn't o2 and I fear that cancelling your DD will just result in a debt collection agency chasing you for money.

You should try and follow the correct process to get this account cancelled, maybe th be if you emailed the ceo, you can find his email address on Google. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122376 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I certainly would be making a complaint!!. 5 months on and @Anonymous is still paying for an account that isn't theirs and never has been? Gross incompetence. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 14

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Not sure how they got the bank details in the first place though.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122376 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Not sure how they got the bank details in the first place though.

Nor me...however we can only go on the information provided. With no access to the ops account we can only guess...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 14

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Guessing is very unwise.....

Currently using:
Message 7 of 14

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

You should have called CS rather than doing it via live chat, as this sounds like a fraud case to me, and indeed identity theft.

You will be asked to provide evidence of the transactions and possibly to contact the police to get a crime reference and then o2 will investigate, however the length of time before you reported it and before questioning it seems a bit odd.

Was this an instore or online addition to your contract? If online it may be upto to provide proof as well that you didnt share your online credentials with any person or 3rd parties. 

If instore then you would have recieved a text to say is this your account for verification purposes...

I would say if the contract is in your name, with your address and bank details and you didnt report for a while, your chances may be slim.

Unfortunatley its too easy for someone who cant afford to pay their bills, to suddenly say i didnt sign up for this additional line.

As others have said cancelling the DD is possibly the worst thing you can do as you are in the hands of o2 and they will chase the money owed... 

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh but its the reality of the situation, YOU have to prove that a fraud has been commited. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 8 of 14

jonsie
  • 92926 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's just unfortunate that no one here can help only to advise sorting it out with customer service or the complaint route.

Message 9 of 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

It is an unfortunate circumstance, but why did the OP wait five more months to discover the money was still being taken from their account after having the conversation with Live Chat?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 14