cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changed terms without me being informed

Anonymous
Not applicable
I called up today to see about upgrading my phone soon (due 22 July).
For past 4 or 5 years I've been on an 18 month contract, but able to upgrade after 12. Did last year, and specifically said can I upgrade after 12, to whch the answer was YES.
Today I call, just to verify the date, to be told DECEMBER??!!!! Apparently the terms of the contract had changed...........

I'm well-brassed off, especially as been with 02 since 2001....

Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why was you allowed to upgrade at 12 months? Other than being a platinum customer which has recently been brought in o2 wouldn't have any reason to upgrade you early.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
no idea, was offered that deal a few years back, and did last year and year before no quibble
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Never heard of that one. And if you look at your terms and conditions, unfortunately it will say along the lines that you will be held for your minimum term. O2 don't have to hold any previous agreement with you.

Out of interest, what tariff have you been on?
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
online 30.

friend on it too and upgraded to iphone 3GS last week.

just thought it was a bit off to change the conditions without contacting the customer....
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
It wasn't part of your original conditions so they don't have to.

One thing I'm wondering, maybe you used to be on the old DISE billing system, for some reason they used to upgrade people at 12m when they were on that, I think it was that it was trained to say eligible at month 11 so it was just allowed and you've moved now.

Thats the only reason I can think for it changing.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
business tarif customers can / could upgrade after 12 months if you were not a business customer and got those perks you were very very lucky!
Message 7 of 7