cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change finanace agreement onto new phone they put it on old including my insurance cover new phone

jiggles
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I purchased neew phone paying mnthly,  14 months ago !! I have old phone contract run out ages ago but continued to have both phones in use, , 02 put insurance for new phone onto old phone number 02 put contract for new phone on old contract number, I need them on new one obviously,.... I have asked and asked still on old, 

I now want to cancel my contract on old phone and get them to put contract for new phone £20 a month and insurance onto new phone, I cannot get to anyone on the phone I cannot get anyone on line, can I do this myself???

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122373 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jiggles

How to cancel old phone here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

Then you can apply for insurance on your new phone

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Best time to call is between 8 and 9am.
I called at 9am this morning and got straight through.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @jiggles, I was wondering if you'd made any progress with your phones and insurance since you last posted? If you need any further advice, give us a shout slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 7

jiggles
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My problem has not been resolved, I need the insurance clearly added plus the main monthly bill placed in my new phone The one I am paying a monthly plan for, I clearly and I would of thought obviously would not want to insure my old iPhone 4 but the new phone and that I would also require my plan on my new phone not my old phone, So WHY is it has it been placed on my old iPhone number, I have had many messages, phone calls even my new phone having to go in for repair under the wrong insurance as was on wrong phone number, a I had to endure I would not be charged and had many calling insurance plus 02 ringing to say my bill fir repair would go on my next bill,, O hmm no it was not, I pay insurance for the phone that went it. And finally told it would be sorted , the insurance on me new phone , my contract in my new phone ,my old phone iPhone 4 has finished its contract paid for out right so long time ago.
I Want the iPhone 4 account closed the number 07545 etc . While I need my contract, insurance clearly on my new phone as promised ages ago, I don’t use iPhone 4, but my new phone on contract, I want refund for charges on old phone it is not in use, in fact somebody else has it on a different sim, I don’t need two mobiles, I am late middle aged women, disabled and my phone to contact my children I am sure you can see that to take photos if grandchildren, my dogs not for anything else.
Mrs W Laffan
Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122373 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@EmilieT. Can you help please?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @jiggles, and sorry to hear it's not sorted yet - I'll send you a Private Message on the forum now to get a few more details, so I can have someone on my end look into this for you slight_smile

Thanks for the mention @Cleoriff!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 7