cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot cancel web & wi-fi bolt on

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone help - as O2 do not seem to want to reply to my emails - My 12 months free web & wi-fi bolt on has expired. I cannot afford to continue subscription. After an hour trawling through the "help" pages (I use the term sarcastically) of the O2 site I tried cancelling it by text 48 hours before it was due for renewal. I got a text later that day saying i had failed to opt out as i wasnt subscribed to the bolt on. I then tried calling the number on the O2 website and opted out that way. I then received another text today saying the same thing. In the meantime i had another text saying O2 had taken £10 from my call credit to pay for the web & wi-fi bolt on.

I have not had a reply from O2 yet and I refuse to pay 25p a minute to call them when they have already taken money from me against my best efforts to cancel this bolt-on. Can anyone advise or share their experiences of trying to cancel something with O2. Seems to be so much easier to add something - wonder why?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recommend that you call their customer services, the phone call will not be a long one as this is a straight forward request. Certainly cheaper than paying for the bolt on!
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the response. I understand that but I'll give them 24 hours to get back to me. I've lost my job and cannot afford £10 a month - I just don't see why I should spend what could be £'s to ring them and get them to cancel something i cannot afford to keep and cannot find the correct info for on their "help" pages. Also, bit too angry to call just now - need to calm down a bit first! :robotmad: If not heard within 24 hours I will ring and demand they pay back that call credit too. It's not the first time ive given up trying to get info from O2 or their useless help pages
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you explain to them that you were trying to get the bolt on cancelled then you will probably get the £10 back. slight_smile
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's not 25p a minute to call 4445. It's 25p per call.
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whoops - thanks for that. So it is! I'll call them then! After going from help page to help page trying to find out how to cancel bolt on i misread it as per min not per call. Thats the trouble when u get frustrated!
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 responded to my email through the help pages and have cancelled the bolt on and refunded the £10. I'm grateful that they did this without having to be hassled but I am still concerned that the instructions they included on how I could have cancelled this myself were exactly the procedures I had already followed. Namely "Text keyword 'WWWOFF' to 21300 free
- Call 2425 IVR from their mobile free". I texted first and when that didnt work i called the number.

Now if only I can get them to sort out my voicemail notification I'll be happy... slight_smile
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have the same problem too, still not solve
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had exactly the same problem.

Most frustrating thing was I 'opted' out 48 hours before and was given the response 'you are not subscribed to the service'. Not to mention £10 being taken on Christmas Day...Nice Christmas present that was. I've emailed them now and also texted the keyword wigwam mentioned above. No response as of yet but i'll being going into a o2 shop to hopefully clear it up for good. It's only £10 but still, that's not the point!!
Message 9 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 85702 Posts
  • 591 Topics
  • 4592 Solutions
I had a problem cancelling the 'Family' bolt on and called them and emailed them. They responded within 48 hours and cancelled the bolt on, refunded the charge and gave me £10 as a gesture of good-will. There was no hassle, no argument, just a well worded email and a call from a nice lady at O2 who insisted on crediting my account even after I told her that I hadn't asked for any sort of compensation.
Message 10 of 11